Al-Qaeda Sent Militants to Denmark to Kill Cartoonists

(I do not know if this has been previously posted. I searched and did not find this article.)

[quote]TERRORISM: AL-QAEDA SENT MILITANTS TO DENMARK TO KILL CARTOONISTS, REPORT

The cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed sparked protest around the Muslim world

Islamabad, 5 May (AKI) - The al-Qaeda terrorist network sent 12 of its militants to Denmark in order to assasinate those who drew the cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed, according to Hamid Mir, the journalist who interviewed Osama bin Laden shortly after the September 11 terrorist attacks. According to an interview with the website of satellite television network al-Arabiya, Mir was brought to Waziristan, Pakistan’s tribal area, in a zone believed to be run by the Taliban leader Abdullah Mahsud, where he met with some representatives of the Taliban.

These sources told Mir that 12 members of al-Qaeda left Afghanistan and entered Iran with the intention of traveling to Denmark in order to kill the cartoonists that have drawn the Prophet Mohammed. Islam explicitly prohibits any depiction of the Prophet. The cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed were first published in a Danish daily in September and then republished in other newspapers around the world. The caricatures sparked violent protests around the Muslim world in which at least 50 people died.

The decision to send the militants is believed to have been taken after Osama bin Laden launched an appearl after his last message aired last week, in which he asked for the cartoonists to be tried in the hands of al-Qaeda.

A similar request was also made by Ayman al-Zawahiri in his recently released message.

The same sources also assured him that 12 members of al-Qaeda, 9 Afghans and 3 Pakistanis, entered Iran two days ago to travel to a third country and then onto Denmark in order to kill the cartoonists that were responsible for the caricutures that were published by best-selling Danish daily Jyllands-Posten.

“Some of them have Iranian passports and others have Afghan passports,” said Mir. “I have been informed that some of them speak English very well and have completed training in the area of Zabul which is near Kandahar which was controlled by the Taliban,” he said. “They are new al-Qaeda members who have also released a video in which they explain their mission,” he said.
adnki.com/index_2Level_Engli … 5538&par=0[/quote]

I thought they were already there???

I’m going to start drawing cartoons out of spite.