Alabama passes bill banning abortion

Planned Parenthood is probably unreliable for information since their public face is designed to downplay the death of unborn babies while encouraging the idea that abortion is a safe procedure that comes with some risks, physical and emotional.

A better place to start might be with Operation Rescue. OR has had volunteers at abortion clinics daily for almost thirty years now. They may have collated excellent information about abortions performed simply by monitoring foot traffic in and out of almost every abortion clinic in the US (for at least some of those thirty years, if not all).

Abortion is about as difficult to track as gun violence. Both sides (pro-abortion and anti-) have gone out of their way to control the abortion message by controlling information about the procedure.

You’re probably biting off an awful lot, you know. Good luck.

1 Like

To clarify, my 13m post was for China. I remember a study some time back that indicated something like 9% of women in the country had had an induced or forced abortion at some time in their lives.

I have no idea if accurate numbers for the US exist. If you had states that had banned abortions you could compare expected vs actual birth rates but, as everybody reading this knows, a lot of other factors could come into play.

These articles could be a start point to look for some kind of stat.

Some official numbers may be found here.

http://www.nhc.gov.cn/wjw/tjnj/list.shtml

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Texas passes law on abortion, limits to six weeks to get it done