All About Avocados

We have all been there @BiggusDickus. You are not a true resident in Taiwan until you have fought a major financial institution. :wink:

It’s a rite of passage and a badge I wear with pride!

2 Likes

**[quote=“Marco, post:201, topic:80727, full:true”]
We have all been there @BiggusDickus. You are not a true resident in Taiwan until you have fought a major financial institution. :wink:

It’s a rite of passage and a badge I wear with pride!
[/quote]

I got my credit cards from Costco. They then changed their preferred bank from CTBC to MegaBank, making the credit cards they’d given me useless.

Good deal on NZ Hass 2 for NT$49. (Carrefour Super San Min) Maybe with end of winter in NZ lots of end of season cheap fruit

1 Like

Not trying to be mystical, but it seems that unripe avocado ripen slower if not placed besides ripe avocado.

I keep bringing unripe green avocado home. The ones I set in the same bowl with ripe avocado seem to ripen and turn brown immediately. The other ones from the same basket and same store that are placed in a different location stay green longer.

Now for example, I bring 6 avocado home. I put 2 in the bowl next to ripe avocado, so they will be ready to eat sooner, and 4 in another location, because they stay green longer and can eat later.

1 Like

Maybe it’s avagato… like cats, unpredictable.

2 Likes

And if you’re not careful they rot before ripening, from the inside.
It’s the release of ethylene gas that ripens them, if you put them with apples it will be the same.

3 Likes

At Taiwan prices for avocado? Especially those little ones you see at Jason’s or Costco. At least Taiwan now have zucchini/courgettes.

But they are so tiny. They need to be at least double size.

We get ours from the market. They’re pretty decent. I like the smaller ones. Especially when paying per kg.

The brilliance and lack of brilliance in this world never ceases to amaze me.

I guess we can now chill when preparing our Avocado dip.

1 Like

You must be getting really small ones. The ones at my local market are almost as big as papayas. I eat a lot of avacado, but I can’t buy more than three at time or the last bit will get too brown for my liking.

The ones in the market aren’t bad at all, 59nt/jin. The zucchini in the market is acceptable too, but no way would I pay Carrefour prices.

When is the season for the big local ones?

1 Like

I see them in the market now.

Meanwhile, in international avocado news . . . :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

Interesting link, maybe those Avocados will make its way to Taiwan, since they need go somewhere.

2 Likes

Is this one that grows in South Taiwan
Lula (avocado) - Wikipedia