"All the cool kids... uh, countries... are doing it!" -- the Cannabis Countdown Thread

I’m sorry. I don’t want to agitate for or against this, really I don’t. But this is serious, one way or another. Who can ignore a marketing strategy like that? :dizzy_face:

Thai Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul presides over the opening ceremony of the nation’s first medical cannabis clinic in Bangkok yesterday.Jan 07, 2020 P04-200107-308

This is clearly a rising trend, and every society is going to need to decide where it stands. Choose wisely, Taiwan! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s not very clear but it seems it’s now legal to grow for personal use in Italy now.

2 Likes

The green party is unlikely to get seats, but there are a few other legislative candidates that could end up pushing for legalization.

1 Like

I don’t know if Bengals fans deserve it, as they had a chance against the 49ers in one Super bowl, but Browns fans deserve some brownies for the dawg pound

I say legalization at least for medical purpose is something Taiwan can probably compromise, or at least have it classified down to category 3 rather than 2.

No thanks.

Never gonna happen here. I had a long, frank discussion with a top 10 medical administrator, even showed him the Sanjay Gupta documentaries and he flat out refused to consider the idea. He cited all the tired and misinformed tropes about addictions and gateways. He even has a background in pharmacology.

Nope. Taiwan will be the last domino to fall.

3 Likes

I wonder what fraction of potheads are self medicating for something. They smoke pot, and they have issues. But which came first?

1 Like

Well, gotta have the populuce sedated when the bombs drop and authoritarian rule becomes the norm.

So…I see no issues.

Sarcasm or FUD?

Don’t know what FUD means. But yes… sarcasm. Thanks for checking😉

Somewhere, sometime a stoner hurt Gain.

1 Like
1 Like

This is the way

Meanwhile in Taiwan…

1 Like

Well it’s at least a move in the right direction. Maybe then later get pot lowered to category 3.

That’s minimum of one year, not maximum.
Why anyone would grow it anyway, under risk of imprisonment, is :whistle:
There are other cheaper drugs in Taiwan a doctor can prescribe to dull one’s pain, if need be.

¡Órale, güey!

:point_up_2: now that is good news. would destroy a lot of cartels south of the border, if not plummet prices even further

Not sure about that. They’ll probably just concentrate their business on the hard drugs.