All the recent foreigner drug busts

Webpage: tpp.moj.gov.tw/mp138.html

That website is shameful as most are in Taiwan, it does not display properly on my laptop . But it is so inappropriate for the content. Taiwan the most unprofessional developed/advanced developed country in the world LOL.

[quote=“Craig”]Webpage: tpp.moj.gov.tw/mp138.html

That website is shameful as most are in Taiwan, it does not display properly on my laptop . But it is so inappropriate for the content.[/quote]
Oh man. Welcome to 1998 web design. Spinning blue diamonds… rainbows… did they outsource it to the local elementary school?

On moved postings: yeah, a string of odd flaming and innuendo disappeared. Appropriately so.

On recent busts, I have no idea.

Being the, “Green Silicon Island”, the website was likely put together by a prison work gang who’ve been in the can since the mid-90’s.

Or? the people working in the front office.

Exactly. What’s the difference, eh?

Exactly. What’s the difference, eh?[/quote]

a day at best lol

How’s that Canadian guy doing in jail these days? Anyone ever go and see him? He was that EFL teacher - I think his name was Matthew Forand - that got busted about 5 years ago for selling coke or whatever in Taipei.

Any chance of him being able to transfer and do his time back in Canada?

[quote=“Shimokitazawa”]How’s that Canadian guy doing in jail these days? Anyone ever go and see him? He was that EFL teacher - I think his name was Matthew Forand - that got busted about 5 years ago for selling coke or whatever in Taipei.

Any chance of him being able to transfer and do his time back in Canada?[/quote]

Do time back in Canada? Do they have a program for that? Some countries do have bilateral arrangements for that.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Shimokitazawa”]How’s that Canadian guy doing in jail these days? Anyone ever go and see him? He was that EFL teacher - I think his name was Matthew Forand - that got busted about 5 years ago for selling coke or whatever in Taipei.

Any chance of him being able to transfer and do his time back in Canada?[/quote]

Do time back in Canada? Do they have a program for that? Some countries do have bilateral arrangements for that.[/quote]

I don’t know.

But anyone know if it’s possible? How many years did he get?

12 if I remember correctly and he has served 5. Still in jail as they don’t commute sentences in Taiwan until you’ve done 2/3 of the sentence or so and then only when the President signs off on it.

No exchange between Canada and Taiwan as there is with some countries (Can-US).

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]I finally understand what Taiwanpaul was trying to say. Here’s the translation for anyone else, like me, who had trouble following his initial posting. :bow:

=========================================================================[quote=“Taiwanpaul”]I am very upset that Steve has been grassed up. Not to point a finger, but it’s (not Canadians) some SA wankers near Taichung. The guy can’t even grow! He is just trying to make a buck from MOST foreigners who smoke weed. Which in my experience is about 80% of the foreigners here. I can’t believe the shit I read on Forumosa, I know for a FACT that most of the posters buy smoke here. Including most of the Moderators!

BTW, as a public announcement, YOU GRASS, YOU ARE IN DANGER![/quote][color=#FF0000]TRANSLATION:[/color]

I am very upset that someone informed the police regarding Steve’s drug trafficking of marijuana. I’m not going to name specific individuals in particular, but I will say that the informers weren’t any fellow Canadians, but rather some unscrupulous South Africans who live in or near Taichung. At any rate, Steve isn’t a professional cultivator of marijuana and doesn’t do a very good job at the product he produces anyway! He’s simply trying to make a few extra dollars dealing the marijuana he is able to grow to the foreigners who are already smokers of marijuana. My experience has shown that 80% of the foreigners in Taiwan actively smoke marijuana. I can’t believe the self-righteous and self-serving drivel that I read on Forumosa.com when I know for a FACT that most of the posters and most of the moderators on Forumosa.com smoke marijuana!![/quote]

I can’t believe how stupid people are…drug dealing in Taiwan, especially long-time residents. This is not Canada we will rere-educate you. This is Taiwan we will punish you.

[quote=“yaoshema”]Do all foreign teachers do drugs? you talking about MJ, or nicotine or crack or what?
What a question! I’m sure MANY would take the fifth, if we had such protection here.
AND I would wager that most have TRIED maryjewwanna, based on Western statistics, and many would ENJOY them here if they could GET some, or if it were OFFERED them; and even MORE would PARTICIPATE in such activity if it were more readily AVAILABLE, and not CRIMINALIZED. :stuck_out_tongue:
Taiwan has unfortunately followed the U.S.’ general example by criminalizing what is a natural GIFT, in terms of medicine and hemp, a wonderfully useful material that even their ‘forefathers’ grew in crops, used as ship rope, clothing, and wrote the US Constitution on.[/quote]

Blah blah blah…it’s a illegal drug in most countries. Don’t get your point.

People have the right to be critical of the government and its laws. However, in a debate about ethics or morals or justice, other important matters can be overlooked. In this case, a matter of overriding importance is that one can be caged–put in a cage–for five, six, seven or more years.

Please try to avoid getting put in that cage (and I hope I remember my own advice).

[quote=“Charlie Jack”]People have the right to be critical of the government and its laws. However, in a debate about ethics or morals or justice, other important matters can be overlooked. In this case, a matter of overriding importance is that one can be caged–put in a cage–for five, six, seven or more years.

Please try to avoid getting put in that cage (and I hope I remember my own advice).[/quote]

Fact of the matter is, Taiwan makes it very clear that they have a zero tolerance policy towards drug use or drug trafficking. The airport makes this clear and before you come in the captain tells you that drug trafficking is a capital crime in Taiwan. Yes we can criticize the stupid policy of putting someone away for a long time for dealing drug but they knew what they did was illegal, they got caught and they are paying the price for it. Most countries have strict laws regarding drug dealing, and especially Asian countries.

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]

Fact of the matter is, Taiwan makes it very clear that they have a zero tolerance policy towards drug use or drug trafficking. The airport makes this clear and before you come in the captain tells you that drug trafficking is a capital crime in Taiwan. Yes we can criticize the stupid policy of putting someone away for a long time for dealing drug but they knew what they did was illegal, they got caught and they are paying the price for it. Most countries have strict laws regarding drug dealing, and especially Asian countries.[/quote]
:bravo: Yip. The Taiwan prison system is a shock to the liberal tendancies of many a western-educated prisoner. Good lessons to be learned though. If that’s your thing, don’t leave your home country or do move permanently to Amsterdam. If you come to Asia with its history of opium selling foreigners and decide to use, you could possibly be spending a decade in cramped corners working for room and board. It ain’t Club Fed.

Yeah but you get 3 free meals a day, free accomodation, and you don’t need to pay utility bills. :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah but you get 3 free meals a day, free accomodation, and you don’t need to pay utility bills. :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]

And you get to do some male bonding with a guy named Bubba…

[quote=“Charlie Jack”]People have the right to be critical of the government and its laws. However, in a debate about ethics or morals or justice, other important matters can be overlooked. In this case, a matter of overriding importance is that one can be caged–put in a cage–for five, six, seven or more years.

Please try to avoid getting put in that cage (and I hope I remember my own advice).[/quote]

Did my post really give the impression that I was disputing that?

Did my post really seem to disagree with that? I’ve been here for almost eight years. Did you really think I didn’t know that?

I don’t get it. You seem to be saying that I disagree with this, when I never wrote anything of the sort.

Again, I don’t understand what it is about my post that you take exception to.

I hear you. If you want to fight the law, the law is going to win.

That’s what I was getting at. Thanks.