All you can drink whiskey in Taichung. For real?

While driving south on ChengDe two days ago, my wife (in a fit of madness - as she doesn’t drink & I do) read out “all you can drink whiskey & beer…” and then asked me - “could that be?”

“Well honey, I only SPEAK Mandarin. I can’t read it” ran through my mind … followed by, “We’ll have to just see, won’t we.”

What I’m really looking for is all you can eat sashimi.

There are a bunch of all-you-can-drink pubs around, and so far as I know they normally include spirits and shots (clubs generally don’t, though).

Freedom (a pub near the People’s Park) is a popular choice.

[quote=“Brendon”]There are a bunch of all-you-can-drink pubs around, and so far as I know they normally include spirits and shots (clubs generally don’t, though).

Freedom (a pub near the People’s Park) is a popular choice.[/quote]

Are you local (to Taichung)?

I’d love to meet you … especially as I’m having no luck with this [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/where-would-you-post-searching-for-programmers-in-taichung/46694/3 related[/url]thread!

I’d be more than happy to go for a drink, though I am probably not the kind of programmer you’re looking for :wink:

[quote=“rawsushi”]

What I’m really looking for is all you can eat sashimi.[/quote]

I haven’t been there but I think that the Japanese buffet place in the Mitsukoshi in Tainan serves sashimi at the buffet bar.

And seriously, why would anyone in their right mind want to risk all you can drink whiskey?! That’s a recipe for a stomach pump. At least with beer you can feel your limits. With hard liquor you don’t know how much you’ve overdone it until it’s too late. There’s a solid reason why loads of bars have all you can drink draft beer nights, but never all you can drink shots nights. They’d have to station ambulances with mobile detox/poison control units outside if they did.

What kind of programmer are you? OO, JAVA? C#? Kernel?

Well not everyone would need a good pump.

And I’d prefer good beer (no Bud) too … but am able to control the urge to drown myself in whiskey! :slight_smile:

At the moment, Erlang, Twisted, AOP, and crazy Javascript frameworks. Which is probably why I’m so poor :wink:

I wouldn’t mind an all you can sink followed by a round of shrimp fishing! Who’s with me? Then we can program each others computers! Yay

Head to Taipei, inside the Mitsukoshi Xinyi is a Japanese buffet place that offers Sushi, Sashimi, Tempura and many other good things. Even got free alcohol (wine at least, perhaps other things).

Shin Yeh also does a buffet but haven’t been there.