Alleged "gay-hate serial killer" in Ireland

Check your OP. You linked to murder. I can’t hold your hand through this.

The link is more than that and don’t hold my hand thanks

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ireland-lawmaking-lgbt-idUSKBN1KF2EW

Don’t be like that. :kissing_heart:

Sigh. This is our queerspace. :nail_care:

I saw that, seems like a serial killer, hope he is caught soon!

Seems like they have a suspect. Might not be gay hate, possibly a Jeffrey Dahmer type

1 Like

I just checked the link. The suspect is middle Eastern :joy::joy::joy::joy:

So it’s just as valid to say that the West has an immigration problem with these arseholes from the East.

Couldn’t make it up. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dunno if that is how I’d look at it, but in any case that’s very sad for the two victims and their families. Disturbing how apparently the bodies were multilated too. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Learn to read.

A man of Middle Eastern origin, aged 22, was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday morning outside his home in a quiet cul-de-sac, south of Sligo town.

Am I missing something here? A man from the East is the suspect. Seems like the problem is the West allowing those from the East to come over and commit these hate crimes.

Incredibly sad. It will also impact the family of the suspect too. So much intolerance in the world.

What does it matter to me where somebody wants to put their genitals? It doesn’t. It’s a shame other people can’t understand this as easily.

2 Likes

I think it’s unfair to blame a broad group for a crime when they had no hand in it.

3 Likes

Me too brother. Which is why I want to contest sweeping statements such as…

I live in the West. I don’t care for people suggesting the West is to blame.

2 Likes

There’s been a few murders of strangers done by foreigners in Ireland recently.

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess @crusher is doing his thing. :grimacing:

I don’t think such a tragic/ criminal series of events should be political.

Ireland has moved forward on gay rights. It’s not perfect, but this is clearly off the scale and doesn’t reflect anything other than that a particular guy is a psychopath

2 Likes

A long long way.

Amen.

3 Likes

At least, the definition we have in Chile for our law against homophobic attacks (ley Zamudio) specifies that it qualifies as a hate crime if the reason the person was attacked was because the victim was gay. For example, if two girls are holding hands and somebody beats them up calling them homophobic slurs, the aggressor is prosecuted according to this law. But if somebody beats you up because they want to steal your wallet or they are just aggressive drunks, it doesn’t qualify as a hate crime.
(This law was created after a group of neonazis beat up to death a gay teenager in a park. So, in that case, it was pretty clear it was motivated by homophobia, as they carved homophobic slurs on his skin using knives)

3 Likes

It was normal to think that being gay was wierd when I was growing up. But it has completely changed for the better. There was an evil influence from the church which has been broken, and young people, and even old people, now use their own brains. Lol

5 Likes

My dad said he finds life a lot easier now he doesn’t have so many prejudices. I certainly find him easier to talk to these days.

4 Likes

I had a run in with my dad, he maintained that gay people shouldn’t be allowed to adopt. One of the only arguments that I ever won with him :grin:

I remember ranting at him ‘so people with red hair shouldn’t be allowed to drive cars’ lol

4 Likes

Very interesting, thanks for sharing that VK. I guess the crime needs to be quite overt to be classified as a hate crime.

The expression rent boy is now hate speech in the UK and using it constitutes a hate crime.

1 Like