Alleycat's - the "chat" thread (Part 1)

Yep. Will I see you on the 31st?

Yep. Will I see you on the 31st?[/quote]I’ll be there with my spray can to change the sign to “Wallycats” :moo:
When’s the website going up ?

Yep. Will I see you on the 31st?[/quote]I’ll be there with my spray can to change the sign to “Wallycats” :moo:
When’s the website going up ?[/quote]

Sorry, your fluffiness but I’ve been extremely busy. Yesterday again was a mad shopping day. Soon, very soon.

I do hope that your fluffiness will be there on the 31st too. I need all the celebs I can get.

Whats the address?

Is it a pub, restaurant or combo of both?

Chou do fu will be there, but no dofu pizza’s please.

Chou

Hey Alley,

Congrats, and more importantly, good luck!

I’ll be in, maybe not on the 31st, but soon thereafter.

Tell us, what is the dress code? Hope its relaxed :wink:

[quote]Did you ever waken to the sound
Of street cats makin’ love
And guess from their cries
You were listenin’ to a fight?
Well, you know…
Hate’s just the last thing they’re thinkin’ of.
They’re only trying to make it through the night.

Looks Like Rain… Grateful Dead[/quote]

Good on you, Alley! I hope it’ll be a roaring success.

Will you have anything on the menu for us vegetarians, apart from the salad?

My jungle drums tell me Alleycat’s place is directly on my way home from work. What time do you plan on closing at night, Alleycat?

Closing 11PM during the week, and as late as I can stand up on weekends. Just learned that we will have Hoegaarden on tap. I am over the moon. Have Erdinger too, ERDINGER HEFEWEIS, ERDINGER CRYSTAL
ERDINGER DUNKEL, Grolsch and the others. And Boddington’s definetly and maybe on tap too.

Thanks for all the support, and I hope to see you all very soon. I am holding off on calling it a pub, for security reasons. But it will be a place to hang out, with a wide variety of beer. The menu is being built around pizza, but I can tell you vegetarians will not go wanting: Creamy Pea and potato soup, creamy tomato soup, gazpatcho, mozzarella and tomatoes, ricotta and spinach calzones oozing freshly made tomato and herb sauce (just imagine the colors); garlic bread, wraps, bakes subs, vegetarian macaroni and cheese, vegan pizzas etc etc.

Sandman, I saw Pangoilin wrote something about Fingas on Taiwan Ho; I hope he will think that Taipei now has an equivalent.

Sorry the site isn’t up yet, but I am doing everything from plaster work to menu design.

We’re on Li Shui Jie, right next door to Mykonos.

Sounds great, Alley! And not far from my home…

out of curiosity, when they say sorry, do they actually want/mean to say “excuse me” as they are putting down a dish? (but since in Chinese it’s the same expression…)
[/quote]

Yes, locals’ “sorry” means excuse me sometimes. :blush:

It’s easier for them to say sorry since it’s only one word. :laughing:

Hey Alan, I’m coming tomorrow, and I’m bringing some out of towners. I do hope this is OK with you. They’re really looking forward to some good food. My taste buds are drooling, as are theirs. Gong xi, fat tsai!

Hey Alan, I’m coming tomorrow, and I’m bringing some out of towners. I do hope this is OK with you. They’re really looking forward to some good food. My taste buds are drooling, as are theirs. Gong xi, fat tsai! I’ll even bring a box of Rooibos tea. Please call me 0918 557 308 if that might be a problem.

This is great news.

First off, best of luck with this, Alleycat. I will most likely be there on the 31st–but if not then, for sure sometime after that.

On Lishui Jie? Great location, near Yongkang Street. I am very exited about this and look forward to your place in that area.

Sandie,

Tomorrow is the 24th and I’m nowhere near finished. I do hope you mean next week?

Alan

Alleycat’s Big project has turned out to be a bigger project than he expected. Sanity having prevailed, we have decided to postpone opening night by a week to February 7.

I am really sorry if this inconveniences anyone and I do hope you will be able to make it then. In truth, I would rather everything be as close to pefect as possible than put on a half-arsed showing.

Thanks for your continued support.

In closing, Alleycat’s will feature the following free services: Wireless Internet Access, Book, DVD & VCD loans.

Cool move Alleycat. Wireless sounds great. Looking forward to it. Amos.

don’t forget to change the date on the banner as well! :wink:

[quote=“Alleycat”]Alleycat’s Big project has turned out to be a bigger project than he expected. Sanity having prevailed, we have decided to postpone opening night by a week to February 7.

I am really sorry if this inconveniences anyone and I do hope you will be able to make it then. In truth, I would rather everything be as close to pefect as possible than put on a half-arsed showing.

Thanks for your continued support.

In closing, Alleycat’s will feature the following free services: Wireless Internet Access, Book, DVD & VCD loans.[/quote]

That’s great, that means I can attend! :slight_smile:

The place will only be a success, and I will only try it if:

1. The cook must be smoking a cigarette while he cooks.
  2. The cook and everyone preparing the food must have an apron that was last washed in 1997.
  3. Portions must be small.
  4. Food must not arrive at the same time for all diners in a group.
  5. Servers and staff must snigger when a foreigner speaks Chinese, regardless of how well he speaks.
  6. There must be a common-use towel in the toilet that was last washed in 1997.
  7. Cockroaches cannot be smaller than three centimeters in length.
  8. If you close at 11pm, you must not serve anyone from 10:30pm onward.
  9. All pizzas must include corn.
  10. All soups must be corn soup.
  11. Wait staff must not look at customers and should avoid eye contact, particularly when a customer appears to want something.
  12. Management should encourage locals to bring their young children and have them run around the premises screaming.
  13. All prices should have a 10 percent “service” charge added.
  14. Music must be played just loud enough so that carrying on a conversation cannot be done without shouting.