Am I a bad person?

We put some furniture up for sale on Craigslist. Within 5 minutes the inevitable scammer emailed asking about payment options, to wit:

[quote]Am okay with the money order or Travellers check will be send to
you directly But the payment will cover your money and for the shipper
. I will send you the email of the shipper that will come and pickup
the dining.when you receive the payment take it to your bank deduct
your money and send the remaining to the shipper . Let me know if you
are okay with me[/quote]

Being bored, I’ve been playing along. I’ve used the name “Don” in the email correspondence, so when he asked for my full name I gave him this one:

Don Chawanaa Suque M’dique

Heh heh heh…

I also gave him the address and phone number of the White House in Washington. He said that he will contact me shortly.

Heh heh heh…

P.S. I am aware that this is very juvenile behaviour, and that I was the one who started the lament about how North Americans are having trouble growing up. This makes me a hypocrite, I guess.

Not at all. Very commendable actions on your part. I enjoy similar activities.

A moron did A:

in the equation of dealing with moronic behavior, you plug in this part :

[quote]Being bored, I’ve been playing along. I’ve used the name “Don” in the email correspondence, so when he asked for my full name I gave him this one:

Don Chawanaa Suque M’dique

Heh heh heh…

I also gave him the address and phone number of the White House in Washington. He said that he will contact me shortly. [/quote]

Equals? Moron got what he needed to know and perhaps still is stupid to understand. :laughing:

Tell him you’re selling the furniture because you are moving to Nigeria.

Tell him that you happen to come across a significant amount of money. And, if he just lets you have his checking amount # and pin, you could stash the huge amounts of loot in his account and are willing to let him have a portion as payment.

:banana: