Am I banned to enter Taiwan?

Hello everybody,

I just want to get some advices about something that happened to me when I was living in Taiwan. I’ll appreciate your help about this. (Sorry for my bad English btw)

I arrived Taiwan for a scholarship that let me study there for 4 months. But I started to find a job since the beginning so I can get some money during my stay. I started working as a football and tennis teacher with kids, I asked for a working permit to my boss but he said they can’t, so I worked there illegally during some months. Then after 4 months I found a full time job (ilegal again) so I decided to stay in Taiwan longer and due the covid situation the government extended my student visa. One day my old boss told me that someone rated me out for working illegally and I also received a letter saying that I should go to immigration with my passport to have an interview. I went there and said that I was not working there before, just playing with kids and not getting any money (the officers were so nice tbh). But they show me some pictures of me giving classes with the kids that they found in the company webpage where it says I was football teacher (stupid them). I still kept saying that I didn’t work and didn’t get paid. After a few weeks they send me a letter again asking me who paid me, a private person or the company, I replied again I never got paid. After a month I left the country by myself and didn’t get any news about that issue again. It’s been two years since I left and asked my old boss about what happened. They said they got finned and that’s all, doesn’t know anything else. Now, after two years I wanna come back to Taiwan to work legally this time, but I’m afraid about if I’m banned to enter the country again or not. I didn’t get any notification about that issue maybe because I left early. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I guess you’ll find out when you apply for a visa.

6 Likes