Amazing (!) Motion Picture Scores

Here are three I’d like to start off sharing… they’re just too good to keep to myself:

Binary Sunset by John Williams

At Wit’s End by Hans Zimmer
(This one’s a bit long, but bear with it… you won’t regret it. Skip this track if you don’t have 8 minutes to spare.)

A Gift of a Thistle by James Horner

*BTW these songs sound much sweeter if you crank up the volume. That, or headphones are both great ways to optimize the listening experience. :thumbsup:

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Here is the stunning opening sequence of Lars von Trier’s Melancholia - the end of the world set to Wagner’s prelude to Tristan und Isolde.

Although the film does have its flaws, it’s well worth seeing on the big screen, especially for those who like to use a little THC to heighten their cinematic experiences. :slight_smile:

Here’s an explanation of each shot in the sequence:
nytimes.com/2012/01/01/movie … holia.html

Watched “A single Man” on a flight back from London the other day. Loved the film, and the soundtrack was pretty good too.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo “Immigrant Song” – Karen O with Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross

@BigJohn love a clockwork orange, one of my favorite kubrick films.

@jimipresley trent reznor, nice!

@Charlie Jack you can rarely go wrong with jerry goldsmith.

and who could forget nino rota’s speak softly love:

(this one gets me evertime.) married life by michael giacchino

Here’s another one I like:

Any score by Morricone or John Barry

[quote=“ChewDawg”]Any score by Morricone or John Barry

[/quote]

Absolutely … the “Once Upon a Time in America” score is one of my all time favorites. I also rate these two highly:

Blade Runner’s Memories of Green by Vangelis

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but now it’s got a proper home. I think the combination of the music and the scenes may work just as well if you haven’t seen the movie. Anyway, it was the perfect music for that movie.

Morricone is great, but I think Barry was totally underrated (and he had great taste in women—at one time married to Jane Birkin).

Who can forget these scores?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barry_(composer

Miles Davis: “Ascenseur Pour L’échafaud”

“Introduce A Little Anarchy”

and, of course:

“Hymn To The Sea”

One of my favorite pieces, this film score is particularly rock ‘n’ roll:

Driving With The Top Down by Ramin Djawadi