America iz boring AF

If Canada has a shortage of people, there are some additional folks on their way to the US southern border. They could just send busses to pick them up.

3 Likes

The Texas debutantes?

I have to say the BBQ and portion size of food. I always feel like I have to order 2x in Taiwan to feel full.

Idk why people told me Malaysia is good for food. I’ve never been to a a place where all the food was so mediocre.

I wish Texas restaurants would cut back on the portion size and price. I always have to take leftovers home. Everything is on a platter like I would feed the entire family with.

I could try and shill you on it but I would have to use the word “nature” at least 46 times. I think that’s the best selling feature we have. You can go from the DT core to the middle of nowhere in a few minutes.

I’ve only lived in Hong Kong and Montreal and sure there’s lots of shit going on in those places, but I found it incredibly frustrating to live there for a prolonged period. Being away from the ocean and the mountains turns me into more of a fucking dickhead then I already am.

Hong Kong does remind me a lot of Vancouver though, minus the clean environment.

What do you find more enjoyable about Paris? You’re not quĂ©bĂ©cois are you? :worried:

EDIT: that’s a joke I love people from Quebec.:zipper_mouth_face:

I’m in California, SF Bay Area. I lived here for a cpl years right before I moved to Taiwan, and hated it. Lived in LA/Long Beach for 10 years and loved it.

Dropping almost 2k usd/mo for a 1bedroom might be what keeps me in a nasty mood a lot of the time, whereas in Taiwan I of course could afford a massive house for 4-600 a month (I wasn’t in Taipei). That and all the PC police everywhere.

2 Likes

God no. From an old Alberta family. I lived on the island for ten years, worked for the provincial government in Victoria, and lived in the interior for nearly a decade too. In other words, I get the nature thing. I have mountain biked in Kamloops, sailed from Brentwood Bay in Victoria to Vancouver, and skied many, many mountains throughout the province. Every summer, I usually go back and boat at my parents` places.

But does it have the history, food, nightlife, museums and culture? Not in the way European capitals do.

1 Like

SF is not bad. The food is pretty good there. But you’re right, expensive to live there.

Yip, having worked in Asia for 7 years, Europe for three years, etc., North American political correctness is a combination of liberal arts indoctrination, puritanism, and statism that no other continent seems to promote to such a degree. Europe is not nearly as ideological on this issue. One can only hope the pendulum swings back somewhat.

The biggest culture shock I ever faced was working in North America for nearly a decade.

2 Likes

Most expensive city in the world I think. A family of four making 100k a year qualify for government assistance. Like, there are cool things here, but not THAT cool. The public transportation totally sucks too, as does the traffic and lack of parking.

I work at a university too. PCU has nothing on this place. Sneezing is hate speech. Most of the friends I have made are Chinese who are sympathetic to Trump. :scream:

Everything there seems to be awash in urine, lust, soot, semen, syringes and feces. Isn`t liberalism :roll_eyes: great?

2 Likes

LOOOLLL

Reading this made me recall so many happy memories.

I would say it has almost non of those thighs haha. I just enjoy being away from people so something like a museum or enjoying nightlife gives me serious anaxity.

I just enjoy gardening, early morning swims on the lake and reading “the classics” without a soul around for KMs.

There are more boring places. I’m the opposite, I don’t mind boring so much these days. Just as long as there’s good food. Food in Malaysia is awful. I went from having diarrhea everyday to every other day now.

The best Tom Yam I ever had was at a street stall in Langkawi (and I have had good ones in Singapore, Thailand, Americas and Europe). But, yeah, Singapore and Thailand are way better culinary destinations.

I’m planning on going next weekend I can see it from my balcony.

2 Likes

You’re improving.

2 Likes

If you don`t like Malaysia, it is possibly because Johor is a shit hole. Never really liked that place (although I dated an amazing Malay chick from there in my early 20s that lived in Singapore). God, she was a 10+ :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

I haven’t found many attractive Malaysian women. But most of them are in hijabs so hard to tell.

I think things like that is what makes America boring.

1 Like