America Leads the Free World in a New Direction

Pretty much. You can’t make someone do that kind of thing. They would just shunt him off into other stuff.

False. He’s saying he’s arresting anyone who’s in the country illegally regardless of whether they’re criminals or non-criminals.

I did have two good trips to USA (arizona, Texas and California). The news makes it seem so dark when in fact I though it was good (was prepared for worse, so surprised when it was good).

Most Americans are normal people, good people, they dislike Trump, against the Iran war, thinks the US economy for them is getting worse… Sadly on the news we see from Trump rallies and the worst kind of people that can be found anywhere. Similar if looking at news from Taiwan in the west… A normal friendly Taiwanese is not news worthy…


The Chinese probably can though.

The headline is pretty mis-leading though, it’s perfectly true that a specific government program to expand the manufacturing base failed, but there are at least four rather large domestic nitrile glove manufacturers in America that have been around for a long time.

I feel like the government program was just a pork-barrel boondoggle to funnel funds into some politicians’ backyards rather than a real effort. :unamused_face:

A good friend of mine owns a rubber glove factory in Malaysia. Business is booming. US is his main customer.

Oh, sure the US still imports something like 99% of them, and the government program was certainly a good idea conceptually, but they should either be expanding the existing companies or learning from them, because they sure as heck didn’t know what they were doing otherwise.

I haven’t looked into it, but making our own involves more than just filling a. Warehouse with machines. You need the rest of the supply chain to be nearby as well.

Ross Perot is whispering in my ear. “Giant. Sucking. Sound.” This is the back end of that.

I think they need more police to arrest that dangerous older lady.

Bunch of animals in charge, shame. America wasn’t like that before, at least it was much better in the 80s ,90s (when I was there) and 00s now it’s becoming a goon state.

Started going downhill with the securistate response after 911. People warned about it then but most ignored it and went along. I remember visiting the US after 911 and the place had changed massively.

These animals are using AI for surveillance and any government or private database they can get into to track people now, flock cameras etc.

Privacy laws to protect citizens and residents rights are extremely important.

So predictable. You let heavily armed masked goons run around your streets in unmarked cars the other masked goons run around too.

I have to wonder if they’re deliberately avoiding going after the real gangsters they’re supposedly hunting for. Or at least I haven’t seen any news about an ICE squad getting their asses shot off in some 'hood. :man_shrugging:

How do we know they weren’t ICE?

Because they were fit and could speak using full sentences