American Elections 2014

The Olbatross speaks:

thehill.com/homenews/campaign/22 … ong-allies

At least he’s not insisting on personal loyalty from people running for office. But it’s still all about him.

Or maybe his point is they’re supposed to be loyal and lie about it. No… too complicated. Self-absorbtion plus stupidity explains everything he says and does.

[quote=“Gao Bohan”]
Of course loyalty shouldn’t be blind. But it shouldn’t be based on public opinion polls either. :cactus:[/quote]

In the case at hand, what are the other options?

theblaze.com/stories/2014/10 … r-stunned/

Obama really does make everything worse for Democrats these days. His new “ebola czar” has no medical experience but a lot of PR experience, that hasn’t helped. You’d think if he was going to hire a PR guy over ebola then he wouldn’t tell everyone he was doing it.

He’s lost Tina Brown. Personally, I think there’s something sexist about this idea that women are all concerned abut having a big strong man to protect them from the big scary world, but whatever. When Tina used to swoon over The One, the tone of her gushing didn’t exactly make the case for feminism.

newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/Tina- … id/601916/

Guess he’s not such an alpha male after all. Well,Tina… enjoy your walk of shame.

I don’t think the Sociocratic Party does alpha males. Plenty of alpha females though. Why they haven’t nominated one for president yet is beyond me.

Ozymandias was an unknown. People were free to project onto him what they wanted to see, and had the manipulativenss to encourage that. Hillary, on the other hand, is too much of a known quantity. There just isn’t much room there for imagination to work.

I must say you are doing a bang up job of parodying the racist sexist douchey white male uncle who manages to keep his thoughts to himself until the party is nearly over and he figures he has nothing to lose now. :laughing:

[quote=“Mucha Man”]
I must say you are doing a bang up job of parodying the racist sexist douchey white male uncle who manages to keep his thoughts to himself until the party is nearly over and he figures he has nothing to lose now. :laughing:[/quote]

Why, thank you.

While we’re on the subject, here’s another poster girl for knuckle-dragging male chauvinism:

pagesix.com/2014/10/20/monica-le … 1413851243

Oh, and it doesn’t help when those who consider themselves politically correct rag on Margaret Thatcher. It seems they only admire strong, competent women in the abstract. The real thing is more than they can handle.

illinoisreview.typepad.com/illin … l#comments

Well it’s Illinois, proudest blue state in the country.

Hard hitting journalism from typepad.com, huh? :laughing:

These days, you take your investigative journalism where you can find it. The old news organizations have abdicated.

I think this clip sums up the mood for this election cycle. First Shaheen bellyflopped and got laughed at, then Brown ravaged her with his response. I’m hoping that he can get back into the senate.

weeklystandard.com/articles/ … 17063.html

If the Dems don’t end up losing big, I wonder what they’ll say then?

More rumblings of fraud…

washingtonpost.com/blogs/mon … -election/

So far, just exrapolation from a small sample size, but at least somebody’s looking.

I am surprised that Michelle Nunn has kept the race competitive in Georgia against David Perdue. Personally, I don’t think she’ll win because Georgia has a great deal more Republicans than Democrats. The “gravity” of the state pulls right, giving Purdue a clear advantage. Still, the 538 model takes those fundamentals into account, but still give Nunn a 49% chance of winning. If neither candidate can win an outright majority, they’ll head into a runoff. The reason is that there is a third party candidate who will take some small percentage of the vote. The third party candidate is a libertarian, conservative on fiscal issues and liberal on social issues, so she’s probably sucking off both of them equally.

Even if Nunn manages to win, which I personally find very doubtful, the Republicans will still probably win. They’ve got several paths to victory, but for Democrats to keep the Senate, they effectively have to win every single competitive race.

Something to get the sexists’ blood boiling, especially those in denial:

nypost.com/2014/10/23/tale-of-tw … -democrat/

[quote=“rowland”]More rumblings of fraud…

washingtonpost.com/blogs/mon … -election/

So far, just exrapolation from a small sample size, but at least somebody’s looking.[/quote]

A couple of replies, questioning the numbers:

washingtonpost.com/blogs/mon … ns-voting/

washingtonpost.com/blogs/mon … -citizens/

But of course, a good solution would be a national voter ID following standardized rules in every state, which would ensure easy access to ballots for all citize… “OHMIGOD OBAMA IS MARKING US WITH THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST TO PUT ALL CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVES IN FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS!!!”

[quote=“MikeN”]
But of course, a good solution would be a national voter ID following standardized rules in every state, [/quote]

Won’t that make it harder for poor people to vote in some vague way?