American Elections 2014

More on malfunctions in Maryland:

baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/10/2 … ch-claims/

Open the pod bay door please, HAL.

washingtonexaminer.com/obama … le/2555403

Well, that’s reassuring. It’s not like he’s ever steered us wrong.

More Colorado questions:

dailycamera.com/boulder-coun … ion-judges

If ther Dems are up to something sleazy, it seems the Republican organization is enabling them…

Nobody’s up to anything sleazy, things just happen (think “unintended side effect”):

“The Most Brazen Attempt at Voter Suppression Yet”
slate.com/articles/news_and_ … lions.html

Bwahahaha (to quote a Forumosa PPP[super]*[/super])

More “best democracy money can buy” than ever.

*) playfully persistent poster

To whom, exactly, are you referring? One wonders…

[quote=“MikeN”]
Orman is a social moderate but fairly fiscally conservative i.e. ‘centrist’. He is likely to caucus with the Dems- or he may not. It’s getting weird in Flatland- and senate control may hang on it.[/quote]

Orman has said he’ll caucus with whichever party has the majority in the next Senate.

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“MikeN”]
Orman is a social moderate but fairly fiscally conservative i.e. ‘centrist’. He is likely to caucus with the Dems- or he may not. It’s getting weird in Flatland- and senate control may hang on it.[/quote]

Orman has said he’ll caucus with whichever party has the majority in the next Senate.[/quote]

So he’s not a centrist. He’s an opportunist.

That’s a step up in by reckoning. He’s got no great convictions, but at least he’s not a complete fool.

An example of just why the Senate is in play:

washingtonexaminer.com/poof- … le/2555366

This is the magic underpants guy we should have distrusted.

The news from Maryland gets worse:

watchdog.org/179354/maryland-illegal-voters/

You know things would just be a lot easier if we had some kind of, I don’t know, national ID card?

Zuckerberg rocks the vote.

motherjones.com/politics/201 … er-turnout

No specific reason to think malfeasance, except the general unsavory reputation of the perp – which of course shifts the burden of proof.

Given a secret ballot, this could conceivably backfire:

nypost.com/2014/10/30/democrats- … the-polls/

It’s scary when Republicans do it:

nytimes.com/2014/11/01/us/po … .html?_r=0

A conversation is a two-way exchange.

kob.com/article/stories/S3607682.shtml

[quote=“rowland”]http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3607682.shtml

[quote]
The first case of voter fraud in New Mexico this election[/quote][/quote]
Amusing to see what some people occupy themselves with on Forumosa.

Governments on various levels have been, and are, committing voting fraud on a grand scale (disenfranchising voters through legalistic maneuvers, gerrymandering, pay-offs, dishonest advertising, etc.), so what is this bean counting about? :laughing:

[quote=“rowland”]http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3607682.shtml

[quote]
The first case of voter fraud in New Mexico this election has been confirmed by the Rio Arriba County Clerk’s Office.

[/quote][/quote]

Can’t get the reference to open, but this is not necessarily fraud.

“My name’s James C. Barlow” “Okay, here’s your ballot”

3 days later. “My name’s James C. Barlow” “You’ve already voted- right here James Calhoun Barlow”
“I’m James Carleton Barlow”"

If you’re arguing that the American voting procedure, organized by state and county with different procedures /registration everywhere, maintained on a part-time basis, is screwed up, I certainly wouldn’t argue. Right To Vote Amendment with national procedures and regulations would be a good idea.

Have you voted often?

More electoral fraud!

rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/nort … candidate/
“North Carolina voters report voting machines switching their votes to GOP candidate”

[quote=“MikeN”]More electoral fraud!

rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/nort … candidate/
“North Carolina voters report voting machines switching their votes to GOP candidate”[/quote]

I’m guessing the Democrats will soon flip back into anti-Diebold mode? Maybe we’ll have bipartisan support for banning the damn things nationwide.

Bring back the butterfly ballot! All things considered, it was the lesser evil.

This would have been an intriguing argument, if it had come out in, say, 2006:

nytimes.com/2014/11/03/opini … inion&_r=1