🏈 American Football - NFL + Super Bowl 2024

I think Ramsey would have fallen regardless though. Result wouldn’t have changed.

Hmmm…

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1493036356754362371

He over ran it and stumbled when he tried to recover. He was going to fall regardless.

Looks to me he was decelerating just fine, and was balanced until the grab and pull. The ‘over ran’ and stumble are direct results of the grab and pull.

1 Like

Anyway, he facemasked him. It’s a penalty, so they can’t cry too much.

Well, to be fair, a facemask grab is subject to interpretation and just grabbing a facemask actually isn’t a penalty by itself - it’s “no player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction” - seems clear to me that Ramsey was pulled; the referee’s explanation for the no call was no twist and turn.

Sure, it’s ref’s discretion whether it was a facemask or not. But whether he would have fallen or not, or the like, isn’t relavent.

1 Like

Looks like the head was turned a bit in the video, but no point complaining now. Someone has to lose in the end.

Bored with retirement after only 2 months, or…

Oh, and Russell Wilson went to Denver and Aaron Rodgers back in Green Bay. It’s amazing how long QBs can play considering the beating they take every game, even with good protection around them.

What an attention-w****.

Please no more heartfelt Twitter tributes when he “retires” again in a year.

Highly improbable outcome in the world of sports the other day. As a Jets fan, fun for me :slight_smile:

The main answer to “how” is the Cleveland coaches let them do it by cavalierly not running down the clock when they had the chance, which is a practically inviolable SOP in the NFL. Did they want to rub it in? Let their players feel their oats a bit? We’ll never know.

“Am I dreaming?”

1 Like

Anybody else watch games? Yes, the past two weeks I’ve woken up at 1a and gone back to sleep at around 4:30a

1 Like

I saw those guys on the telecast, they were keeping it pretty low-key lol. You never know when things might take an ugly turn :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep! I have jetlag so I stayed up for this one. I actually went to take a shower with 2:30 left, I thought it was over. When I got back both teams had scored a touchdown and Jets were lining up for the onside kick, I was like wtf?

Usually I watch the first half and catch the rest in the morning. Once they start at 2 AM, less often.

1 Like

Mahones’ spin move, will be on every highlight reel of the man forever.

First ever NFL game in Germany about to kick off!

1 Like

To be exact, first regular-season NFL game in Germany. They did have exhibition preseason games there before.

1 Like