Amerika Needs You: The Universal National Service Act

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h109-4752

…“and for other purposes”? :astonished:

hey! Some of the multi-national corporations are looking for cheap labor (a la Krupps in the 1930’s). Sounds cool. :sunglasses:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=20060530&articleId=2535

This will be great! All of those Keyboard Kommandos and Barroom Patriots will actually have to make some sacrifices for the Neo-Jacobins that have hijacked the USA! The Keyboard Kommandos have been waving the flag (animated eagles and all!) and cheering on these criminals for years despite overwhelming evidence proving that the “New American Century” is a fascist nightmare …now they can put in some “National Service” and prove themselves before the world and before internet forums… :bravo: :laughing:

A decent way to keep tabs on those pesky civil rights lawyers and human rights activists…not to mention students…

Perhaps I should do some research into the best locations for a chain of new “Brown Shirt Laundry” franchises? Those countless thousands of Volunteer Police Service personnel will need some nicely pressed uniforms during those 2 years of National Service. :smiling_imp:

all bad jokes aside, this is not satire. This is what the USA has turned into under the treacherous bastards who have put the interests of a small group of Neo-Jacobins (Cheney/Rumsfeld/Feith/Ledeen/et al) before the interests of the country. Read it and weep…or laugh maniacally if you prefer…
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h109-4752

Yes, those fascists that the Democrats have every intention of beating soundly in the next midterm elections. Sigh… They cannot even get the basic tenets of Fascism right, how did you expect them to get Iraq right?

So, you’re saying that this is currently being looked at on the floor? Okay should this pass, I guess I’ll be posting from jail.

Hmm, but who is the sponsor of this “bill?”

[quote]Introduced: Feb 14, 2006
Sponsor: Rep. Charles Rangel [D-NY]

I guess you don’t know much about how politicians make waves in NY huh?

How is it that all these “draft bills” are sponsored by democrats to make republicans look bad? :loco:

What pisses me off is that this idiot is on the payroll. What a waste of time and money that could be going to Iraq or welfare or medicade,or medicare, or social security.

Rangel:
Thumb
ass
up

I would suggest that both of the largest political parties have done quite well in allowing/aiding the USA to reach this point, whether deliberately or through naivete.

The so-called “14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism” seem to be present in the US under Neo-Jacobin rule:

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/The_14_characteristics_030303.htm

Right on. And that darn fence we need along the US/Mex border. :fume: slams hand on table :laughing:

The democrats should be more concerned about the future grooming of a decent election candidate. But it seems as if no one on Capital Hill seems to be really concerned about keeping in touch with the people. Rather keeping tabs on them.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Hmm, but who is the sponsor of this “bill?”

I guess you don’t know much about how politicians make waves in NY huh? [/quote]

you are correct to point out that Rangel is trying to make political points: although I’d guess that he’s (once again) trying to force the establishment’s children into the fray…thereby causing some genuine discomfort in gated-communities.

[quote]History of the Bill

This is the second time Rep. Charles Rangel introduces his controversial bill.

In January 2003, HR 163 was submitted in the House.

It was voted upon and defeated in the House in October 2003, on the grounds that it had not been sent for committee hearings. However, it was suggested at the time that the Republican-controlled House wanted to defeat the bill, to squash rumors that Bush would reintroduce the draft if reelected.

In spite of adamant denial of draft rumors, Internet and campus campaigners had trumpeted the bill as evidence of a “secret plan” to reinstate the draft in case President Bush is re-elected.”[/quote]

[quote]
While there was some media coverage of Rangel’s initiative prior to the formal introduction of the bill, the matter has not been mentioned by the US media since it was introduced in February. There has been a deafening silence: since February 2006, not a single article or editorial has appeared in print on the Universal National Service Act of 2006.

Neither has it been the object of public debate. The bill has been referred to the House Armed Services Committee and the Subcommittee on Military Personnel. Ironically, in previous discussion leading up the bill, Rangel’s initiative to restore the draft was described as "an anti-war tactic".

Rangel opposes war with Iraq and seeks to make the point that many soldiers are volunteers from low-income and minority families. Political leaders, his reasoning goes, would think twice about sending into war the sons and daughters of a more complete cross-section of America. But whether or not one agrees with Rangel’s rationale, many Americans would agree that universal service can be a great leveler and a unifying force in society.”

Despite Rangel’s antiwar resolve, the bill supports Washington’s stated objective to extend the war into new frontiers and to ultmately send an entire generation of young Americans to fight an illegal, and unjust war. It is worth noting in this regard that the Neoconservative Project for a New American Century calls for increasing active duty strength from 1.4 to 1.6 million.

The bill also supports Big Brother. Those who are not sent overseas to the war theater would, according to the clauses of the bill, be inducted into the civilian homeland defense corps and other civilian duties, including the Citizens Corps, the “Neighborhood Watch Teams” and the “Volunteer Police Service” established in partnership with local law enforcement. (see citizencorps.gov/pdf/council.pdf )[/quote]

And there it is, the same democrap scare technique used in the 2004 election run-up (and if I’m not mistaken, namahottie, you almost fell for that one too :slight_smile: )

With all the “nazilike neocon stealing of rights” going on, why don’t democrats jump all over their own guys playing a dangerous game like this? Like voting for ralph nader as a joke, and then he wins…ugh

they’re going to have to come a long way to get me! :upyours:

Naw I haven’t fallen for anything since Micheal Jackson and Prince were the hot musicians to fall for. :laughing:

I wonder if the rule will apply to the offspring of politicians…surely not!

Thinking out loud…

[quote=“Highway Star”]I wonder if the rule will apply to the offspring of politicians…surely not!

Thinking out loud…[/quote]

Wrong sporto, the reason it waseven proposed was so that ALL people, included the great washed would have to serve.

It was an attack by the rich on the richer in the name of the poor. If ya follow me. :slight_smile:

[quote=“jdsmith”]Hmm, but who is the sponsor of this “bill?”

I guess you don’t know much about how politicians make waves in NY huh?

How is it that all these “draft bills” are sponsored by democrats to make republicans look bad? :loco:

What pisses me off is that this idiot is on the payroll. What a waste of time and money that could be going to Iraq or welfare or medicade,or medicare, or social security.
Rangel

Thumb
Ass
Up
[/quote]

thehistorymakers.com/biography/

Yeah, so what could this guy possibly have to say about military service or its impact on minorities and the poor vs. the wealthy?

Oh, I forgot, he’s a Democrat, so that means like Kerry and Murtha and Cleland he didn’t really serve his country the way George “I choose NOT to serve overseas” Bush, Dick “Nine months and a day” Cheney, Tom “no room for a white boy” Delay or Rush “pimple on butt” Limbaugh did.

I just love you guys and your cute nicknames :laughing: