Amount needed to comfortably live anywhere in Taiwan?

Amount needed to live comfortable anywhere in Taiwan including rent,food,electricity etc?

Let me be first before this thread blows up

5 Likes

You need to be more specific about location for this thread to have any value.

Guy

Also, you need to define ‘comfortably’.

For example, is a traditional unrefurbished apartment in a walkup five-floor building comfortable? How about a typical roof-top apartment with tin roof?

Is Taiwanese food ok for 90% of your meals? Do you want any night life?

In other words, are we talking Taiwanese comfortable or North American/Japan/Europe comfortable?

That first what? :runaway:

80k a month.

1 Like

For me, US$5000 a month which includes my overseas vacations and trips. I don’t rent or have a mortgage or car payments, no kids. Got a great wife though.

2 Likes

Of course taiwanese

USD 5k/mo is a good amount as long as no mortgage, car loan, save decently and can have good satisfaction

If you have 5 kids who all need to be sent to TAS followed by expensive international university tuition, and a wife who doesn’t work and likes vacations and shopping, I think you will need about 1.4 million TWD per month in Taipei to live comfortably

8 Likes

JimBob, I think you need a beer or 2 tonight.
:beers:

1 Like

Savings for two grandkids US$5k a month not included lol

It’s why I’m a pauper.

1 Like

NT$ 70,000 per month. You will be more comfortable in other parts of Taiwan ex-Taipei. While you can live on less in Taipei, I don’t really see the point.

I’m Taiwanese.

To reference @the_bear, I believe even the most remote peoples in the amazon are well aware of this fact by now.

Guy

5 Likes

How long before a piece of string becomes explosive? I would say it depends on how you are measuring it. Define blows up? Overall on the balance of it I think the previous estimate of about 70,000 posts per month is a reasonable figure for most peoples definitions and by Taiwanese standards it would be a comfortable debate for a single person, or a frugal one for a small family. If you are looking for Inner Mongolian standards you may struggle however as I hear that the yurts and the milk are both relatively expensive in Taiwan.

1 Like

Define comfortable.

I’d say if you’re making median income, which seems to be a little under about 80,000nt a month, I think that’s actually pretty good (though this is counting household income, not individual income).

I mean it’s all down to your financial management ability isn’t it?

If you mean enough to do overseas travel several times a year, then the sky’s the limit.

This sounds about right.

“Anywhere”?! If you look at 591.com, there are homes that are rented for NT$500K/month…

A modern furnished (?) 2 bedroom apartment in a taiwanese city will cost you at least 25k plus utilities.
Keep that alone in your mind.
Transportation is ridiculous cheap, either public transportation or a scooter.
An own car adds up significantly !
Rest, food, clothing an entertainment decide for yourself

For yourself alone, I agree, 80k would certainly guarantee you a very comfortable life in Taiwan !