Analogue/film camera servicing?

Does anyone know of a reliable store which can give a film camera (Canon EOS100 SLR) a once-over and make sure it’s okay? I picked one up real cheap second-hand but would like it checked over for any potential issues given its age. I’m on the east coast but could hit Taipei if absolutely necessary.

I have no recommendation for a specific store, but there are many on Hankou Street, between Taipei Main Station and Ximen MRT.

Here is a random pin to that area:

You are bound to find some shop there to provide the service you need.
Give a call to the shops in that area before you travel :2cents:

Thanks. If nobody can give a specific shop I’ll hit that area next time I’m in Taipei.

Canon has a customer service office in Taipei (near Guting MRT station)

台北客服展售中心提供維修與快修服務,櫃台後方擁有專業的相機檢修工程師,現場可馬上幫您解決使用上的疑慮及處理產品問題。Canon 投入鉅資購買專業級維修設備,使用精密儀器作校正與測試,大幅提升維修品質與效率。另有 EOS 相機檢測保養,提供進階深度 服務。
The Taipei Customer Service Exhibition and Sales Center provides maintenance and quick repair services. Behind the counter, there are professional camera maintenance engineers who can immediately help you solve usage concerns and address product issues on the spot. Canon invests significantly in acquiring professional-grade repair equipment and utilizes precision instruments for calibration and testing, greatly enhancing repair quality and efficiency. Additionally, there is EOS camera inspection and maintenance, offering advanced and in-depth services.

source:

2 Likes