Andrew Yang and the Forward Party

So it looks like Andrew Yang has suspended his campaign. I hope Yang continues to find ways to serve the American public. If he wants it, I think a very bright future awaits.

2 Likes

What a great way to bow out

4 Likes

I liked Yang quite a lot. Outside of Tulsi, he was the only democrat that I would have considered voting for this year.

Interesting that the media blackout on him ended the day he dropped out.

3 Likes

Tulsi sends Yang a love letter.

1 Like

I didn’t notice before, but Tulsi is kind of cute.

But too bad about yang. I did like a lot of things he had to say. I didn’t agree with him on everything, but he was very logical. Hope him the best and hope to see him again when America is ready for a man like him.

4 Likes

I just learned about Yang’s proposal of a student exchange program between states in the US. So a kid in, say, Oregon would swap home, parents, and school with a kid in, say Georgia for a semester (or whatever).

Most Americans are rational when it comes to their kids and family, so such an exchange would likely result in an explosion of good faith communication among different families. Would help break down an increasing level of silo’d social life and experience in the US.

I’m pretty sure that many of the things that divide us are unimportant, that we Americans have far more in common than we are led by media to believe.

Anyway I think it’s a terrific idea, and should be implemented asap. Yang is a guy who I will always listen to with an open mind.

4 Likes

I was never on board with Yang. He only talks about economic issues and he’s soft on China.

Good person though.

Andrew Yang who ?

The most disappointed I was by Yang was his turnaround on identity politics. He made several comments about the corrosive effect on national unity, about the hate behind identity politics, and about the difficulty of reuniting the electorate after having pitted one cohort of Americans against another based on race, sex, gender, etc.

Then one weekend last summer (iirc) he had a sit down with the Democrats. On Monday he began talking about racism in the White House and how important transgender rights are. (I was so disappointed that he bent a knee that I don’t remember exactly what he said, only that he clearly bent a knee.)

And yeah, the time when he was caught flat-footed on China and seemed to adopt his parents’ stance as his own was further corroboration that he may be too soft to be prez. A real shame.

The guy’s got good ideas, though. And people change as they age, too. I will def keep my eye on Yang.

3 Likes

Yang had a lot of good ideas. Common sense kind of things that are rarely mentioned in politics. The fact that people never heard of most of them - I followed him fairly closely and hadn’t heard of the above-mentioned program - is unfortunate though the media had pegged him as “the guy who didn’t have any platform outside of giving people free money”.

Yeah, same for me. It probably was a hard decision and he appeared to be uncomfortable by it. I imagine that he had people advising him to take a swing at Trump or something of that sort - nobody listened to Mayor Pete until he went after VP Pence. If Yang had decided to go full on identity politics, he probably would still be in the race and polling in the double-figures…and would have destroyed any possible chance in the general election. He was weak on foreign policy as well though I would have considered voting for him if he had a good VP and put good people around him.

How can you not have noticed? She’s smart and beautiful. It sucks that the media blackout also applies to her as well.

I’ve never seen her just dressed casually.

She’s attractive and bright and knows how to use guns. If I were writing a movie and wanted a formidable woman in the WH, I would cast the lead after Tulsi.

1 Like

If a woman can pull off pantsuits, she’s the real deal.

Number one issue for me. He apparently never even called English Veggies to wish her congrats on her re-election.

2 Likes

Andrew Yang has joined CNN as a commentator.

1 Like

OK, there goes all my remaining goodwill for the guy… :unamused:

3 Likes

need those Asian viewers, considering CNN primetime news viewership is falling off a cliff

1 Like

It’s not falling off a cliff, it’s boarding the plane.