Andrew Yang and the Forward Party

To get here, they need better branding, much better. :sweat_smile:

Their candidate doesn’t have to be the first choice for 50% of the voters. That candidate would just to need to the fall back for at least 50% of the voters.

Anything would be better than this.

1 Like

Really? With some of the shit shows in Congress, that’s the line where anything would be better than that? :sweat_smile:

It’s a social event, removed from the daily grind. So, yeah, civility has really been lost when this kind of shit happens. IMO naturally.

And not that this is hallowed ground, but a guy got shot at this game a few years back. This is a game to show they can be good sports and work together. Fucking high school stuff and this one flips off the other team? It’s just so unprofessional. People would get tired for that kind of behavior at a company picnic, which is essentially what this game is.

Andrew Yang spells out what the party is looking to achieve. Voting reform is still the priority, and they want to participate in local elections for school boards and other official positions.

In terms of Federal level elections, they are endorsing Evan McMullin in Utah and Lisa Murkowski in Alaska. Both are or at least were Republicans. McMullin left the Republican party because of Trump. Murkowski voted to convict Trump, and is censured by the Republican party.

Meet the other party that no one is talking about…or is it?

“Major Taylor Greene and the Backward Party”

Andrew Yang said the Forward Party doesn’t want to lay out policies on divisive isues like abortion- just vote for them and they’ll tell you later.

I don’t know if they can keep this up, but anyway, individual candidates will have positions.

1 Like

It’s odd how people keep focusing on whether the Forward party is here to make the Democrats or the Republicans lose their presidential election, when the party is absolutely clear what they want to do is reform the current voting system so that the majority of people are actually represented. It means they are not running in upcoming presidential races, nor for seats hotly contested by both parties.

What they are going to do is have candidates run for seats where one party basically has an monopoly. They are also going to focus more on local elections such as for sheriff, school board, or secretary of state.

Then people keep coming back to abortion or trigger issues that both parties use to hijack elections… Those issues are important, but neither party is going to resolve the issues, and by resolve I mean enacting federal laws so that it’s not subjected to the whims of the president or the supreme court which the president selects. They won’t actually do something because that’s how things work under the current voting system.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Many people are so invested in one party or the other that they see anything like this as a threat. Actually there are a lot of people who are sick of both of the main parties and will not likely vote for either one.

It is absolutely hilarious to me that pundits on CNN or FOX keep trying to school Andrew or other Forward party members on how a third party could cost an election for one of the two primary parties under the current first past the post voting system. This is a party that knows this is a problem and pushes for rank choice voting from party primaries to actual elections for crying out loud.

It’s almost like they are saying “we’d like to keep hijacking the elections, and you are exposing us and trying to give the choice back to the people’s hands, so we are going to be super condescending and antagonistic to you”.

2 Likes

“Elect me- I guarantee I won’t have an opinion on anything, not even Mother’s Day or puppies.”

You got that from open primary and ranked choice voting approved in Nevada? It seems obvious to me that Yang has a strong position on election reform, and he believes unless we can get that done, none of the political opinions on anything from anyone would matter.

2 Likes