Angostura bitters

Anyone know where I can find Angostura or Peychaud’s bitters? I have checked at Drinks (the wine and liquor chain store) and they don’t even know what they are.

I want to make some Old Fashions!

Thanks in advance.

Most bars will have Angostura, and perhaps they’ll be able to tell you where they get them.

Peychaud’s? Never seen it in Taiwan, and I have no idea how you’d get your hands on it short of asking someone who’s going to the US to pick some up for you. You don’t need it for an Old Fashioned, but you do need it for a Sazerac! (Mmmmmm… Sazerac!)

They sell Angostura bitters at a liquor store on Jing Fu Street in Jing Mei. Take the MRT to Jing Mei Station, come up exit 3, and turn left and you’ll see Jing Fu St. Turn left on Jing Fu and walk for about 3 or 4 minutes and you’ll see the store. I think there’s a kid’s bushinban (Giraffe or something like it) right before the store and a Joy bushiban right across the street from it.

Or you can have the bottle in my cupboard. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Time to take a bit of a trip to Jingmei. Old Fashions, here we come!

Depending on where in Taipei you are, it might be worth swinging by Breeze Center. They normally sell it, although I haven’t looked for it in a couple of months.

[quote=“Little Yellow Dog”]They sell Angostura bitters at a liquor store on Jing Fu Street in Jing Mei. Take the MRT to Jingmei Station, come up exit 3, and turn left and you’ll see Jing Fu St. Turn left on Jing Fu and walk for about 3 or 4 minutes and you’ll see the store. I think there’s a kid’s bushinban (Giraffe or something like it) right before the store and a Joy buxiban right across the street from it.

Or you can have the bottle in my cupboard. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Wow so your turning down the free bottle?