Animalstaiwan.org - animal welfare/pet care site for Taiwan

Glad to see the Chinese version of the website up now! One little suggestion, though … on the main page where it says “Chinese version”, you might want to add 中文版 underneath that. I’ve already passed the website on to some Taiwanese clubs that I belong to, maybe there will be some kind-hearted people who will want to volunteer. If you need anymore help with expanding the Chinese version of the website (translation or whatever), let me know. :slight_smile:

I went to animalstaiwan.com to look for some pictures of kitties, but I didn’t see a single one. What’s up with that ? Looking at this forum it’s obvious that kitties do matter, but the website didn’t have any. Is there a anti-cat policy ? I demand that this situation is remedied and some kitties are put up there and Stray Dog changes his name to Stray Cat immediately.

We have two little fluffy kitties just came up for adoption and will be on there later this week.

You’d better take one now! :wink:

Stray Cat

And hamsters. How come there are no hamsters ? Do you have more dogs for adoption because dogs are more ugly ?

I already have 3 cats, 2 of which are strays, which is already one more than we decided on.

Big Fluffy Hamster

We have all our rescuers out searching for stray hamsters as we speak.

Please bear with us! :astonished:

somebody dumped some fluffy mice in a cage in a park by my apartment. Didn’t take em though cause I already had two dogs in my Bachelore appartment. Thought they might end up as snacks while I was at work. I also saw some big rats running around. How about adopting one of those big fluffy matt
hew? I think they have a tough life and could use some love. They must taste good too, cause my dog ate one.

The new layout on the website looks great! A few suggestions though …

1. Make the link to the Chinese version of the website in Chinese (i.e. 中文版)

2. The “PayPal” logo on the Chinese page is not working. Might want to check that out.

3. Maybe try to establish a web-banner exchange program with other websites (both personal websites and other organizations in Taiwan … so it would need to be a bilingual banner).

4. Include links to those organizations that we are cooperating with, such as the one for cats that is mentioned in another thread (maybe it’s there already and I just didn’t notice).

5. I think the Chinese website also needs to include more information (in Chinese) on things like the importance of spaying/neutering your pets, the CNR/TNR program, and more updated news on fundraising events (like the upcoming one at AsiaWorld, etc.)

I’ve been trying to push AnimalsTaiwan.org to a lot of web forums/groups that I belong to, but they’re all local ones, so having a more eye-catching, informative, up-to-date Chinese website would be much more helpful in both educating locals and encouraging them to help us. Afterall, we’re only a very small percentage of the pet-owner community in Taiwan, and the community that we’re trying to reach out to and educate in the long-run is the local community, most of whom do not have a very high level of English.

Is the animalstaiwan website down at the moment? Can someone else check for me?
Thanks.

http://www.animalstaiwan.org

Down for me too.

I’m on it.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]I’m on it.[/quote]Get off it then so we can use it. Any hamsters on there yet ?

There were, but the cat ran off with them thinking they were severed toes.

The router is down.

Don’t ask me what that means, but miltownkid is leaving no stones unturned in his quest to have everything back to normal.

We will be back.

Don’t worry - the animals are all safe. :wink:

Casey kicked some ass and got it fixed.

Now move along, please - nothing to see hear.

There

AnimalsTaiwan is also featrured on page E3 of today’s (Sunday) China Times.

:slight_smile:

EDIT: And the Apple Daily, apparently. :wink:

Thanks to Truant for this!

This is on his excellent site providing free Chinese character flashcards (which are very, very nicely done!)
http://www.truant.net/flashcards/

I have a comment about the animalstaiwan.org site (maybe it’s already been mentioned, but if it has, it hasn’t been changed).

I really don’t like how it keeps opening NEW windows every time I click on a link. OK if it’s going to an external site or something, but not another page within the site.

Just my 2NT$.

dear stray dog, et al,

i will be in taipei the entire month of march. i would like to come to the fundraiser and donate and learn more about animalstaiwan.org

please let me know the time and place of the march 10 fundraiser.

i have 2 adopted dogs i will be leaving for a whole month. this is the only part about traveling i do not like. to come to your event will help me out.

thank you,

john moss

ok, i guess you don’t need any money.

thanks anyway.

[quote=“JOHN MOSS”]ok, I guess you don’t need any money.

thanks anyway.[/quote]

Hi, John.

I have been trying to find out what this event is on March 10th that you mentioned (I don’t organize events). Can you tell me where you heard about it?

If you’d like to come and volunteer, you would be more than welcome. E-mail me and let me know what kind of work you prefer doing; I can also put you on our e-mail list. If you would like to make a donation, you can do so by visiting our website or when we meet you - we always need support from people like yourself, or we simply could not help as many animals as we do.

Thank you very much for your interest in AnimalsTaiwan, and rest assured I am doing my best to find out about the event you mentioned.

Sean