Annoying SPAM from "taiwanteachingW*NKERS.com"

(I refuse to give them any good press.)

I recently placed an ad on tea$it.com looking for a Tagalog teacher, and then lo and behold I get SPAM in my clean private yahoomail account from these w*nkers. I wouldn’t mind the normal, entrepreneurial spirit of harvesting e-mail addresses from a site dedicated to teaching English – although my ad had NOTHING to do with English, but I don’t expect them to be literate or anything – but this e-mail sent my address IN OPEN TEXT visible to all on a clumsy “cc:” line.

Guys, if you are going to spam, at LEAST learn to do it well. And if you’re going to spam foreigners, learn to do it in English. :imp: :imp:

I quote the “privacy policy” from their site:

[quote]Information Sharing and Disclosure

TaiwanTeachingWNKERS.com will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
TaiwanTeachingW
NKERS.com [color=red]may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process[/color], or we find that your actions on our web site violate the TaiwanTeaching.com Terms of Use. [/quote]

Hmmm…wonder which subpoena this was in response to?

I suggest that anyone else who is spammed by them take a few NT$ to call their phone number (04) 22580018 and inform them about how un-pleased you are.
Or is there some highly-spamming list I can contribute THEIR e-mail address to? :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Gave them a call – 100% Taiwanese, do not speak English, have no clue at all. I still suggest that anyone annoyed invest a few NT$ and give them something to listen to.

I am completely f*ing sick of “dui bu qi, dui bu qi” when someone did something as pigheaded and stupid as to leave the entire recipient list visible. That’s even above and beyond the call of spam. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

A lot of spammers get their addresses from usenet, if a post is made there with your email address on it, it’s pretty guarenteed to get spammed. So making a post with someone else’s email address would not be nice.

I will never understand why Taiwanese companies think they will get customers by annoying and harrassing people.

Instead of using your real account, get one from sneakemail. It sets up a fake e-mail address so you can trace back any spam to the ones who gave your address out in the first place.

I know who gave it out / where it was obtained – TEA$IT!!

(The address hadn’t been posted to any other public forum. Ever. Period.)

I don’t mind a little entrepreneurial data-mining, but sending the e-mail out with all the recipient addresses clearly visible was too much. If you’re going to spam, at least learn how to do it properly. :imp: :imp:

Why on earth did you think posting on Tealit is a good idea ? :no-no: