Another big nose busted for growing weed

Yeah, man, who grassed 'em, thatā€™s what Iā€™d like to know.

That was totally harsh, man.

They should be hung upside down stoned, man. :neutral:

[quote=ā€œkageā€]Jeeze, you guys.
Show a little heart. I get that your points are meant to serve as a warning to others, but when someone is down, there is really no need to kick him. A bit of compassion. Please.

Iā€™d hate to think that if I ever got into trouble here my fellow Forumosans would be jumping all over every mistake Iā€™d ever made.
What was it that guy said when they were about to stone Mary?[/quote]

Yeah yeahā€¦some guys crying about Taiwan is not the same as the Westā€¦this is an old story that gets repeated all the time, everybody knows that Taiwan and illegal drugs donā€™t mix. You donā€™t have 3 wives in the West, you canā€™t drink alcohol in Saudi Arabia, you canā€™t wear a burka in Franceā€¦so what.

I know I can be accused of bias since TeleVision BullSh?t channel ran a super negative report about my restaurant (no, I donā€™t smoke, not even tobacco, and no, I am not MeiGuoRen which in the eyes of TVBS is obviously a terrible crime, but hmmm I am really wondering how did no one comment on ā€œyaotouā€ party (head shaking, ie E party) in the report? Umm, hmm, more brilliant TVBS reporting, now they have figured out dope makes people shake their head a lot???

Is this correct: two half dead pot plants, pipes with traces of Cannabis, drug paraphanallia? So what would be the punishment if found guilty? Sentences in Taiwan are fairly heavy but what are predictions of those who have some legal knowledge as to possible sentencing in this case?

Additionally would they have to undergo compulsory blood testing? If so and found to have Cannabis or other drugs in the system would this add to the sentence?

[quote=ā€œfenlanderā€]Is this correct: two half dead pot plants, pipes with traces of Cannabis, drug paraphanallia? So what would be the punishment if found guilty? Sentences in Taiwan are fairly heavy but what are predictions of those who have some legal knowledge as to possible sentencing in this case?

Additionally would they have to undergo compulsory blood testing? If so and found to have Cannabis or other drugs in the system would this add to the sentence?[/quote]The most recent story I can recall about a foreigner getting busted for a very small amount of hash and what subsequently happened to him and his wife was written about by a Forumosan named Jello. You can read his thread here.

Headed for 6-8 weeks in a ā€œrehabā€ jail; what to expect?

Here is the complete autobiographical account of his experience from beginning to end. Itā€™s a very interesting read.

Going to prison part 1

Going to prison part 2

Going to prison part 3

EVERYbody must get stoned?

[quote=ā€œNorthcoast Surferā€][quote=ā€œfenlanderā€]Is this correct: two half dead pot plants, pipes with traces of Cannabis, drug paraphanallia? So what would be the punishment if found guilty? Sentences in Taiwan are fairly heavy but what are predictions of those who have some legal knowledge as to possible sentencing in this case?

Additionally would they have to undergo compulsory blood testing? If so and found to have Cannabis or other drugs in the system would this add to the sentence?[/quote]The most recent story I can recall about a foreigner getting busted for a very small amount of hash and what subsequently happened to him and his wife was written about by a Forumosan named Jello. You can read his thread here.

Here is the complete autobiographical account of his experience from beginning to end. Itā€™s a very interesting read.

Going to prison part 1

Going to prison part 2

Going to prison part 3[/quote]
Yep, interesting and sobering. I missed that thread somewhere, but glad you gave us the links here, and to the blog account. I kept thinking about how easy it can be to get in trouble if youā€™re not vigilant, while I was reading that. Iā€™m not a drug user or a weed smoker, but I have friends who are, who have it in their homes and who smoke it there. Iā€™ve been at their houses while theyā€™ve done that, and I kept thinking what would have happened if the cops came calling while I was there! :astonished:

[quote=ā€œbismarckā€][quote=ā€œNorthcoast Surferā€][quote=ā€œfenlanderā€]Is this correct: two half dead pot plants, pipes with traces of Cannabis, drug paraphanallia? So what would be the punishment if found guilty? Sentences in Taiwan are fairly heavy but what are predictions of those who have some legal knowledge as to possible sentencing in this case?

Going to prison part 1

Going to prison part 2

Going to prison part 3[/quote]
Yep, interesting and sobering. I missed that thread somewhere, but glad you gave us the links here, and to the blog account. I kept thinking about how easy it can be to get in trouble if youā€™re not vigilant, while I was reading that. Iā€™m not a drug user or a weed smoker, but I have friends who are, who have it in their homes and who smoke it there. Iā€™ve been at their houses while theyā€™ve done that, and I kept thinking what would have happened if the cops came calling while I was there! :astonished:[/quote]

There is always guilt by association in the court of public opinion. And the newspapers would eat that up like crazy.

It reminded me of a time when I was a lot younger (grade 9 to be exact.) I saw some of my classmates while I was riding my bike, so I stopped to say hi. One of them was smoking weed, and I only noticed when I stopped. A minute later, the police roll by and see a bunch of teens out there, presumably to them up to no good. This classmate saw the cops and threw the cigarette on the ground and stepped on it. The officer asked what he was smoking and he said nothing. The officer had seen the kid throw it on the ground so he asked him to pick up his foot and there it was. The cop asked what I was doing with them and I honestly said that I had just stopped to say hi. He eyed me up and down and asked where I lived. When I told him, he told me to get out of there. As I recall, he proceeded to take the weed from the kids, but I donā€™t believe he arrested them. (Iā€™m sure it was smoked later on off hours :smiley: )

You never really know what your neighbors think of you until push come to shove because most TW never reveal how they truly feel about non-Taiwanese until push comes to shove. (Notice how I said ā€œmostā€ Taiwanese? I know there are a few exceptions out there! :notworthy: )

Sounds like this group was ripe for the picking, as far as having their bubble burst on the 'Wan. I bet ya the neighbors smelled the weed and were just waiting for the cops to show up about the noise. But the real issue here is complacency: Never treat TW like itā€™s back home in N.A.

I know some people here who are really loud in their apartments and always make a scene in the streets smokin dope or high on Special K and they just figure nobody will say anything becauseā€¦well, just because I guess.

I was once with a group of people who decided it was a good idea to smoke some hash at a roadside restaurant until I reminded them that we didnā€™t know a soul there and had a good chance of getting busted. They reluctantly agreed and looked at me like I was some killjoy. :ponder:

Iā€™m no prude. I love the green stuff and the black stuff and will have a good time with the best of them but I also know flying under the radar is extremely wise.

That going to prison story was really interesting to read, and also quite confronting.

Ironic weā€™re discussing pot and someone getting stoned. Still, that has nothing to do with Mary (to the poster above that made the reference).

speculation
douchebaggery
Mt. Pious ascensions

Oh, Forumosa, will you ever change?

hearing drug-related penalties at the border
reading the experiences of others on this board
having drugs in Taiwan anyway

Oh, stupid foreigners, will you ever change?

[quote=ā€œironladyā€]hearing drug-related penalties at the border

Oh, stupid foreigners, will you ever change?[/quote]

Itā€™s just weed. 90% of the foreigners I know in Taiwan smoke weed. Some do occasionally, some do frequently. Few get busted, most donā€™t. It helps if you donā€™t keep your neighbors up at night.

It seemed not too bad actually. It is far worse in other places I can assure you of that. Even English boarding schoolā€™s can be worse lol Washing in ice water, sharing a cell with a few people, shouting good morning officer, etc. It was not that bad at all. THe only thing that is bad about it is the way he got sent there in the first place and the situation surrounding it. Also seeing your wife getting sent there would be THE worst punishment.

[quote=ā€œRobinTaiwanā€][quote=ā€œironladyā€]hearing drug-related penalties at the border

Itā€™s just weed. 90% of the foreigners I know in Taiwan smoke weed. Some do occasionally, some do frequently. Few get busted, most donā€™t. It helps if you donā€™t keep your neighbors up at night.[/quote]

Maybe. But it seems to amaze everyone every time someone is subjected to any sort of penalty for doing so. Itā€™s not like Taiwanā€™s official stand on this is a secret or anything.

I was having a Monopoly night (the one with the electric credit cardsā€¦yahhh) and one of the three girls started rolling a joint on my livingroom table. She knows I donā€™t do any drugs and donā€™t even drink. Then she got annoyed because my dog kept on sniffing it. I said ā€˜I hope you donā€™t think you can smoke that in hereā€™ to which she went off that I taught kindergarten before and that is illegal etc.

holy crap. In the end she didnā€™t (awesome otherwise I may have been jailed for something else) but gave me attitude for the rest of the night.

Needless to say weā€™re not friends anymore. If she just said ā€˜oh, okā€™ it would have still been OK, but really.just whipping out something that can get you deported or jailed at someone elses house without even asking??? (ok guys no jokes about the whipping out part)

[quote=ā€œDeuce Dropperā€]speculation
douchebaggery
Mt. Pious ascensions

Oh, Forumosa, will you ever change?[/quote]
Iā€™m afraid, not. When it comes to something so many of them, know so little about.
:imp:

[quote=ā€œRobinTaiwanā€][quote=ā€œironladyā€]hearing drug-related penalties at the border

Itā€™s just weed. 90% of the foreigners I know in Taiwan smoke weed. Some do occasionally, some do frequently. Few get busted, most donā€™t. It helps if you donā€™t keep your neighbors up at night.[/quote]
Time to get new friends?
Maybe next thread will be about one of your friendsā€¦