Another KMT legislator loses seat

This is getting a little old. Chang Sho-wen in Yunlin County has lost his Legislative Yuan seat due to vote buying. Unlike the last two who came from solidly blue areas (Miaoli and Da’an) this is in area where the greens could very well win the special election.

Links:

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/loca … ion-of.htm

taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003447585

I like it – like the special Olympics. Very apt.

I like it – like the special Olympics. Very apt.[/quote]

As usual, a non-sequitur that doesn’t address the topic from Sandman.

And now I’ll sum up ludahai’s post history. Green is good, blue is bad. The end.

Nope - There are things I disagree with the greens on and I am not a big fan of Chen, but the Blues are in power and they are the ones getting convicted. This is the third KMT legislator to lose his/her seat. Of course, you can’t answer that, can you?

Nope - There are things I disagree with the greens on and I am not a big fan of Chen, but the Blues are in power and they are the ones getting convicted. This is the third KMT legislator to lose his/her seat. Of course, you can’t answer that, can you?[/quote]

Nope. Because learning about politics in a country where I’m not allowed to vote is about as useful as keeping a fart in a bag.

I hope he used his own money to buy the votes and didn’t steal it from the public coffers like bloody Chen Shui-bian.

Nope - There are things I disagree with the greens on and I am not a big fan of Chen, but the Blues are in power and they are the ones getting convicted. This is the third KMT legislator to lose his/her seat. Of course, you can’t answer that, can you?[/quote]

Nope. Because learning about politics in a country where I’m not allowed to vote is about as useful as keeping a fart in a bag.[/quote]

Well then, there is a door to this forum. You don’t have to be a denizen of the Taiwan Politics forum. shows Funk500 the door

[quote=“ludahai”]
Well then, there is a door to this forum. You don’t have to be a denizen of the Taiwan Politics forum. shows Funk500 the door[/quote]

Nah, I enjoy watching you bleat about black being white and the “He’s Behind you!” nature of your posts.

[quote=“ludahai”]Nope - There are things I disagree with the greens on and I am not a big fan of Chen,[/quote]You just don’t love Taiwan enough. This is a prelude to you giving Taiwan to China on a silver platter.

I guess I don’t. :smiley: I was very disappointed in many things regarding Chen, but if he is going to be attacked unfairly, I will address that.

I really feel bad for Chen, because he is being accused of corruption for such a small ammount after 8 years in power. I mean… if he really wanted to be corrupt, wouldn’t he have done a lot more than the few millions he probably did. And, as far as I know, all candidates here get money from “supporters”, who in turn expect to get “something” once the candidates are elected. If it wasn’t for this, then most candidates wouldn’t have the cash to run their publicity, and would probably have to come out with clear plans on what to do if elected.
So, if I go and give my cousin who is running for elections on the KMT ticket 100K NT, I expect that if he is elected he will retribute it to me. I don’t do it because I like him or I believe his plan, I do it because I want something after.

Anyone has any idea how much the Fubon, the Want Want and many other companies gave to the KMT? Can’t we consider it also corruption?

Watch me make Ludahai ejaculate in his underwear. Watch THIS!
Ma recently claimed his “learn simplified” was actually an exhortation for China to use traditional characters in cross-strait documents. Yet astonishingly, we find that Taiwantrade.com has today launched a version of its website in simplified characters.
Honestly, you couldn’t make this shit up! Not even with a whole team of award-winning comedy writers!
Too funny! :roflmao:
Hey, you greenies, how does Ma’s knob FEEEEEL!

it is only natural for a business to go on to simplified characters in order to appeal to the billions in China. Don’t forget they are lining up in the shops to buy stuff, and, above all, they want Taiwanese stuff…

Getting back on the topic, it is great that the justice system works, obviously, belonging the ruling government does not automatically make you exempt from the law, which makes me feel a lot safer. Now when it comes to two people having their seats taken away because of wrong doings, well I don’t see how that is a KMT thing, it happens to any new government that has a working legal system and at least fairly (this could be discussed) good journalism core. Seeing that a lot of areas within politics and financing of politicians are in a legal grey zone, there is bound to be minor, or in some cases major (read: Iran), mishaps.

Er, he’s accused of stealing several hundred million US dollars! The disussions about tracing the money are conducted in multiples of Yi, that’s NT$100,000,000! Ten Yi in Switzerland, thirty Yi in Amerca, etc etc :astonished:

The truth is that the numbers being thrown around are so big no-one will ever know if any of it is true nor how much is involved.

Big??? Come on… even I know schemes from people without any power that can clean up billions of € in one year only… and they don’t even own banks nor financial institutions…

Yes, it’s pennies compared to what [insert KMT figure here] was accused of stealing.

I love how the Bluebots love to ignore REAL, PROVEN electoral fraud. Three down now… who’s next?

I most certainly do not support electoral fraud, and I am glad he has lost his seat.
At least it show the judicial system is functioning.