Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

He had mental illness and severe addictions, I’d say stop bashing the guy at this stage. His brain was damaged just like if your heart was damaged or your liver or whatever . If your brain isn’t working properly you can’t think straight. Fact.

5 Likes

VIs the child’s mother dead?

He may have made monetary provisions for her at least. And she is not an orphan if her mom is alive.

No, he should not hAve left her without a dad. He should not have killed himself.

What can we say? Most of us were we there would’ve said to him…don’t do it. If his lifestyle on the show was killing him…retire. Surely he had enough beans saved up?

But we don’t know what the story is . Thus we can’t judge.

Ps just read that he hanged himself in his room , are we sure someone did not do him in ?

Would you also say that to a suicidal mother suffering from post-partum depression? The brain is a mysterious and complex organ that we don’t fully understand. I think heaping blame on the recently deceased in a bid to show how selfish they were doesn’t achieve much. What I do know is I liked his books, loved his shows, and will miss him, and I feel terrible for his family and loved ones. He wouldn’t kill himself unless he truly wanted to die. That’s hard to understand, but we should reserve some sympathy. We should also reach out to others we personally know who seem depressed instead of just blasting the suicide hotline number all over social media and thinking that’s enough.

2 Likes

So someone snuck in his hotel and killed him, and also the police covered it up? Dude, not everything is a conspiracy. Occam’s razor suggest this is no more than a depressed guy killing himself.

The word now is that a few days before his suicide, Tony found out that Asia Argento was cheating on him, and he was in a very dark mood.

Where’s that from? Reddit?

Could be true, but my money would be on an MRA/incel/I just don’t like women attempt to attack #metoo. OMG! The lying bitch killed Tony!

EDIT: Hate to link to the Daily Mail, but I have to admit it doesn’t look good:

It is going around the Interwebs since Bourdain interviewed a Putin opponent just a month before the guy was gunned down.

Maybe this should be merged with the infidelity and Italians thread.

I knew a brilliant person who struggled for years with inner demons but I think it was infidelity that was the catalyst for ending their own life.

That’s possible. Fuck her and that Hugo guy then (if it’s true).

The “Putin hired people to assassinate him” theory on the other hand is a bit too far-fetched for me. Even if that were to happen, I don’t think the French police would cover it up on their behalf.

This made me smile whether intentional or not. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s no different to saying one enjoyed Bourdain’s TV programs or books.

Still smiley, though.

1 Like

A tribute from Anderson Cooper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF7SRQFd49E

Guy

2 Likes

Wow are you guys conspiracy theorists.

You/I/we all have 6 degrees of separation from anything that has to do with Putin!!!
Lol.

The second one is a conspiracy theory.

The first one isn’t. Plenty of people kill themselves over unfaithful lovers. Clearly she was being unfaithful (hugging, holding hands, kissing) if you look at the pics from the Daily Mail article.

“He was my love, my rock, my protector.”

If she’s got any sense she’ll stay off social media for a while. Her feeds must be pretty shocking.

1 Like

I’m glad Bourdain got his own thread. He deserved one.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/anthany-bourdain-women-leaves-behind-163537343.html

Travelling 250 days a year married really to his passion of food…and life as a celebrity chef…life becomes lonely.

In the end you find it hard to accept your choice of lifestyle as it begins to lose its meaning and you lose your connection to your ex wife, your girlfriend , and even your daughter.

And one day you lose your passion for what you are doing with your life and you feel you are alone and there isn’t any reason or anyone to live for not even yourself.

Rest In Peace. Too bad you didn’t cut the travel in half and spend the time with loved ones.

I find it pretty telling about today’s society that after a man committed suicide one of the first reactions from people is that his gf had been cheating on him.

I don’t think she was cheating as such. Allegedly the parameters of their relationship were quite loose. Whether that’s true or not, who knows.

I would like to pull you up over “committed suicide”.

So if a woman committed suicide, the fact that her boyfriend was cheating on her wouldn’t be relevant?

2 Likes