Anti-Asian racism and crime in Asia

I thought Singapore is tough on crime, but a light jail term (my thinking) for killing someone based on hate of racial group (Singaporean Malay)

1 Like

Shockingly light for killing someone, even more shocking since it was based on religious hate.

1 Like

Maybe that is the max sentence they can hold him for before deporting?

Although a hate crime and a horrible human being, he didnt seem to be trying to murder. Seems the kiling aspect is less severe but the hate aspect should be more severe.

Strange when a person can get the death penalty for using plants as medicine there.

Singapore is a place not worth living in my opinion its own bit too whacky for me. A fun layover. Well, at least a clean layover.

1 Like

Is this ‘Anti-Asian racism’?
Seems not.

1 Like

Seems like it to me, one of the reasons for the attack was the person’s race along with his beliefs.

More details on this story

Looking at the report, it looks like it was then.
Will this thread fill up with other news reports of non Asians attacking Asians in Asia?

1 Like

I hope there are not many more posts about this subject. Just posting to make people aware its not only in the USA and hope by reading or learning, things like this do not happen.

1 Like

In his post, Mr Parkash, a Singaporean who is half-Indian and half-Filipino, said that he was confronted by a man about the fact that Mr Parkash was with his girlfriend, who is half-Chinese and half-Thai.

The man, who is seen wearing a red sports jersey with the word “Singapore” across his chest, admits on camera to being a racist and claims that Mr Parkash is also being racist for not “marrying” an Indian girl.

The man then says: “I have nothing against Indians, but I think it is racist for an Indian to marry a Chinese girl.”

What about Coolio’s momma?

Probably things like CCP in tibet, and basically all through the region, Khmer rouge, Taliban and so on are far more extravagant examples of Asian hatecrime in Asia. Some of them have given the nazis a run for their mone. Countries like the US have a long ways to go to catch, but they have tried I guess :face_with_peeking_eye: