Anti-Kerry Veterans Collect Nearly $7M

WASHINGTON - A group running ads accusing John Kerry (news - web sites) of exaggerating his decorated Vietnam War service record is nearing $7 million in contributions, thanks in part to several Republican donors.

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has raised at least $6.7 million since it was founded in April. That includes at least $1.9 million in donations of $1,000 or more, with several coming in from people who previously gave to President Bush (news - web sites)'s re-election campaign and the GOP, according to a report the group filed Friday with the Federal Election Commission (news - web sites).

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … swift_boat

Well, Well, Well. It is all making sense now. It’s no wonder these folks have been attacking Kerry with such ferocity. And I thougt all along these people just wanted to ensure that the American people had the “best” man in office. Wow, was I wrong. :smiley:

I guess some people will pay any price to keep their benefactors in office. Hell, if Bush was cutting me as big a deal as some of these major contributors are getting, I’d be paying willing to invest a small part of my millions to make sure he was able to keep giving me breaks and all other sorts of goodies for another 4 years.

Do you folks even think before you post?

Have people who support Kerry not contributed millions of dollars to his campaign fund?

What hypocrisy.

And I suppose George Soros giving US$12,000,000 to MoveOn and ACT is just “free speech”.

Funny how Soros was also the one who donated millions to help push the McCain-Feingold “Campaign Finance Reform” crap to “get the money out of politics”.

Hypocrites.

This is so hypocritical as to be down right hilarious if it weren’t so sad.

They complain that a 527 has received nearly $7 million USD. How much has moveon.org received? How many of the top 20 richest 527’s are against Bush and for Kerry? Swiftvets came out with their charges in May. Kerry had ampled time to take care of this and handle it. He could of done a host of things besides sicking his lawyers on it(which failed miserably and got them more attention). You can also view the new group’s movie by the same name, Stolen Honor Here:

nationalreview.com/kob/obeirne200409100906.asp

Kerry’s activities after the Vietnam War are what are killing him. Not any Bush conspiracy groups, Karl Rove, or some vast right wing conspiracy.

CYA
Okami

Do you folks even think before you post?

Have people who support Kerry not contributed millions of dollars to his campaign fund?

What hypocrisy.[/quote]

Honestly, Tigerman, are you so blinded by your love of Bush that you can’t see that the recent ads attacking Kerry were motivated not by a love of country and not by a desire to see the best man leading America but they were generated to make money.

The fact that people contribute to Kerry’s campaign doesn’t negate the fact that those ads attacking him never made mention of the fact that there were people making a ton of cash for doing so. That is patently dishonest.

I saw those ads on TV when I was recently in the states and they appeared to be simply people who really cared about America. Instead, now we find out that those people only cared about making big, big bucks.

That is very, very dishonest and sad.

Cableguy, are you really that stupid, or are you just playing word games??

I’m honestly asking. I’d really like to know. I mean, I know that Democrats are usually pretty dumb, but you’re like the person who thought the Sumner Tunnel, connecting Boston to Logan Airport, was named that because it flooded with water in the winter and froze, becoming unusable.

[quote=“MaPoSquid”]Cableguy, are you really that stupid, or are you just playing word games??

I’m honestly asking. I’d really like to know. I mean, I know that Democrats are usually pretty dumb, but you’re like the person who thought the Sumner Tunnel, connecting Boston to Logan Airport, was named that because it flooded with water in the winter and froze, becoming unusable.[/quote]

Squid,

What are you going on about? It’s a little early in the day for drinking, isn’t it?
Perhaps, since you are so good at attacking Democrats, you should be working for those Swift Boat Veteran frauds. I hear that they are making damn good money simply by talking bullshit. I think you would fit in very well with that group. Honestly, based on your posts, I believe that there is a good chance they would let you become one of their spokespeople. You really should check into this.

cableguy,

You’re joking, right?

[quote=“The Magnificent Tigerman”]cableguy,

You’re joking, right?[/quote]

Actually, no. Not at all. Tigerman, I would like to suggest that you also join the Swift Boat Veteran frauds, along with Squid. (Hell, you might as well take fred smith and flipper along as well).

The fact is that you Republicans on this forum can be put to great use prior to the election. You people have a talent for spinning bullshit until the truth is no longer recognizable. It is a shame that you don’t put that talent to use for your buddy Bush. (Of course, he still won’t get reelected but the margin by which he loses may not be as great).

[quote=“cableguy”][quote=“The Magnificent Tigerman”]cableguy,

You’re joking, right?[/quote]

Actually, no. Not at all. Tigerman, I would like to suggest that you also join the Swift Boat Veteran frauds, along with Squid. (Hell, you might as well take fred smith and flipper along as well).

The fact is that you Republicans on this forum can be put to great use prior to the election. You people have a talent for spinning bullshit until the truth is no longer recognizable. It is a shame that you don’t put that talent to use for your buddy Bush. (Of course, he still won’t get reelected but the margin by which he loses may not be as great).[/quote]

You are joking. :laughing: :laughing:

You’re so off topic, delusional and wrong.

1. No where in the article does it state that Swiftvets are a for profit entity and will share any excess cash as renumeration for their support of the group, i.e. they ain’t getting paid for this. Unless you can prove they are please retract the following statement, as it would qualify as a lie.

[quote]Honestly, Tigerman, are you so blinded by your love of Bush that you can’t see that the recent ads attacking Kerry were motivated not by a love of country and not by a desire to see the best man leading America but they were generated to make money.

The fact that people contribute to Kerry’s campaign doesn’t negate the fact that those ads attacking him never made mention of the fact that there were people making a ton of cash for doing so. That is patently dishonest.

I saw those ads on TV when I was recently in the states and they appeared to be simply people who really cared about America. Instead, now we find out that those people only cared about making big, big bucks.[/quote]

1. Are the charges made against Kerry true or not? Do the swift vets and all other Vietnem vets have a legitamite complaint against Kerry?

I would say yes. Kerry called them war criminals. He admitted to seeing and doing some of those things. He has never apologised for it. We know he wasn’t in Cambodia. We know that some of his purple hearts were not awarded for taking enemy fire. We know that he used the 3 purple heart rule to get out of Vietnam after 4 months of service. We know that he made statements that were untrue about the actions of his fellow veterans. We know he met North Vietnamese in France.

Unless you can use some verifiable fact that can be checked. We have to go along with their stated purpose is too make sure Kerry is not elected president. You implying that they are only doing this for the money is slander, libel and a lie.

So put up or shut up, [derogatory term against cableguy removed]
Okami

[quote=“cableguy”]WASHINGTON - A group running ads accusing John Kerry (news - web sites) of exaggerating his decorated Vietnam War service record is nearing $7 million in contributions, thanks in part to several Republican donors.

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has raised at least $6.7 million since it was founded in April. That includes at least $1.9 million in donations of $1,000 or more, with several coming in from people who previously gave to President Bush (news - web sites)'s re-election campaign and the GOP, according to a report the group filed Friday with the Federal Election Commission (news - web sites).

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … swift_boat

Well, Well, Well. It is all making sense now. It’s no wonder these folks have been attacking Kerry with such ferocity. And I thougt all along these people just wanted to ensure that the American people had the “best” man in office. Wow, was I wrong. :smiley:[/quote]

I know how much links are appreciated here so…

or

How cute, tigerman. Would you like to add to the discussion or keep posting recycled political cartoons as a substitute for meaningful input?

Oh, you sure do have a bone to pick with me.

That cartoon of Kerry is very appropriate for this particular thread. And surely you’ve heard the saying… a picture is worth a thousand words…

:laughing: