Any Amazon sellers here?

I want to get started with Amazon selling and would like to know if there are others that are interested in this. Amazon is such a monster in the US in terms of how they deal with their sellers. Amazon in Taipei started an effort to help new Taiwanese businesses sell but they are really difficult to get in contact with.

Any sellers out there that would like to work together on this? I have some sourcing experience and contacts that I’m glad to share.

I didn’t know they had a branch in Taiwan.

When I offered to help some people get started on Amazon, most had contracts in Taiwan that prevented them from selling directly on similar sites.

One of them had now started their own line of products, but everything is on hold now because trade shows are all canceled and traveling is so hard.

No experience here, but I’m interested to see the comments.

Who would they have a contract with that would require that? With Shopee? With the manufacturer? Seems odd.

It’s very common across lots of manufacturing. You make a design and someone contracts you to fill an order, and they want assurance others won’t have access to that same design.

I’d like to know how you are doing on this. I have been trying to become an Amazon seller for years now, but its not easy signing up from Taiwan. I certainly have had zero luck with that.

Hey guys and gals, I’m running an Amazon business, I’m currently selling on the other side of the pond in US and Canada. Throw me some questions if you want.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried it, but based on the news articles, it’s called “Amazon Global Selling”.
If you’ve already tried using the page below and it didn’t work, let us know and also let us know what else you’ve tried.

1 Like

I’ve been doing OEM/ODM for years so haven’t had to deal with marketing and distribution. I’ve moved up the food chain now though to doing my own products and the first one is about to go on the market after a year-and-a-half development. Its shipping package is a meter long by 0.3m wide x 0.4m high. Not very heavy. I’ll have to ocean ship a container to North America to keep unit shipping costs down. Can you give a quick heads up about Amazon’s warehousing policies? I’ve heard they’re pretty stringent.
TIA

Interesting, yes they do have stringent guidelines, can I ask what category your product(s) are usually in?

Agricultural/food production.

I haven’t done crap with it yet. I’m registered but still choosing my product. I keep getting distracted with expensive IR thermal cameras. I need to just pick something and try just for the experience.

How did you sign up? I can’t get signed up from Taiwan.

Maybe you can shoot me an email at andyhtaiwan20@hotmail.com
I can show you how to choose your products and make a budget for them. I have Viral Launch for another 3 days. In return, you could tell me how you got registered.

1 Like

Should be pretty straightforward, I know a lot of sellers request labeling for their products so that when it reaches the warehouse in Amazon it’s a smooth process. I’ve had stuff get rejected for not being labeled correctly.

Which link are you signing up from? Also, it’s a first time of my hearing someone from Taiwan unable to sign up with a basic sellers account.

I’m not aware there are different links for signing up. Before, Amazon rejected the foreigner identity numbers as they didn’t match Amazon’s database. Now, it seems you need to be a legal business to sign up from Taiwan. Maybe because Taiwan is now lumped together with China.

I see. If that’s the case, setting a business entity will work in your favor. It’s been a crazy year for selling, due to covid, I’m seeing more shoppers come on board.

Sure, but as I understand it, there would still be a personal ID check, and they would still reject my ID number.

Give it another shot. I’ve found that it really depends on who is reviewing the account, kind of absurd but it’s true.

No, our ID numbers that start with 2 letters get rejected immediately. They can’t be typed in. I was in touch with Amazon support about this, and they told me nothing can be done and wished me a wonderful life.