Any Filipinos online?

But where do they get that idea though about “black” skin? A lot of my Filipino girlfriends have lighter skin tones that I do. I don’t think the darker-skin toned Filipinos look all that different from some of the Taiwanese either.

The whole preoccupation with skin color here really bugs me. I have a Chinese friend with the sweetest little girl, six or seven years old, and her classmates call her “monkey”. This is at a school where the parents are mostly wealthy and so are probably well-educated, SOOO what bugs me is that if six year olds behave this way, then they must have learned it at home. :unamused:

Sorry if I hijacked your topic :blush:

I don’t suppose anyone here knows a Filipina nurse named Madhel who was working at an old folks’ home in Sanchong about 3-4 years ago. She used to go to Saint Christopher’s church. She got exhausted from her long work hours and went back to the Philippines without leaving any contact. If anyone could help me get in touch with her, I would greatly appreciate it. Unlikely, I know, but it’s worth a try.

Hi guys,

I’m an engineer from Manila, working for a semiconductor company based in Carmona. I’ve recently received an offer from a multinational electronics company based in Hsinchu. The offer’s quite attractive, so I guess my wife and I will make the big jump to Taiwan.

I already have the experience of relocating to another country. I’ve been assigned to the States a couple of times, staying for years at a time. This is the first time I’ll be making the move to Taiwan, though, and I’m really excited.

Any moving tips I should know? The company won’t be paying for moving costs. Do you think it’s a good idea for me to have some of my stuff (clothing, personal electronics) shipped to Taiwan?

You can send me email at klamath@yahoo.com.

Bring anything you can, everything in taiwan is expensive compared to manila :slight_smile:

As for housing, you can ask help from tsui mama, or go to the housing classified in forumosa.

Welcome to taiwan I guess…

ax

hey,

outside of church, where do many of taipei’s filipino/filipina people go to hang out, relax, and have a good time? preferably, where do young filipino/a people go to have fun here in taipei?

Check out Taipei Mainstation, and MinChuan West Road Area…

ax

Nice to see this thread is still alive

hi! i’m a filipino chemist working at Taichung county…

Hi Klamath,

Are you still working in Hsinchu (Xinzhu)? How’s life there in Hsinchu (Xinzhu)?

I’m an engineer who has also received an offer from a semiconductor company there in Hsinchu (Xinzhu). I will be moving there sometime in June.

Right now, I am processing my working permit and I am starting to look for an apartment where me and my family can stay. A 2 bedroom will do. Can you please advise the average monthly rental there?

Thanks a lot!
DengB

Anyone from Cebu? I live in XinZhuang but work in Taipei as an English teacher.

Don’t know why but am having a hard time connecting with the filipinas I meet in school. I would say hi and try to start up a conversation but they usually just smile and leave. Next time I see them, they totally ignore me.

My husband (who’s also a filipino) says it’s because of my work and the way I look (chinese) but I can’t help the way I look.

Are chi-fils suppose to hang out only with other chi-fils? What’s wrong with my work anyway?

Hello! I will be coming to Taipei by May 2004, I want to bring my 3-on.baby along since, my husband will also follow me sometime in June.I need somebody to take care of my three month old baby, my american-taiwanese empoyer who hired me, told me that hiring a nanny is costly.However,I really need one, if you happen to know anybody please let me know! Kahit part-time lang,basta pede iiwan yung baby every time I work.Mabuhay tayong mga Pinoy!

maraming parttime dito sa taipei…punta ka sa simbahan na…
maraming pinay trabaho dito…

ax

Try calling Tess at (02) 82097385.

To ayah,

Thanks for your fast reply.The landline number that you gave me ia a Taipei number,right? BTW, does tessie have an email address? Thx again.

Hey folks, i made an election topic here: [forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 828#166828](Philippine Presidential Elections (10 May)

Pls have a look

Does anyone know how to get a Filipina Maid in Taiwan. My wife and I will be moving there soon and as she is a Filipina herself she would love to have her own type for a maid.
Any suggestions?
Brad

Are there any Iglesia members on this forum?

bumping this up.

Any Pinoy who has been granted the Mandarin scholarship program offered by TECO? Care to share your experience?

=o)

Hi there Pinoys,

I am a Filipno too taking up my MBA degree here Taiwan. I am planning to stay here and work right after graduation. However, my ARC will expire on August… :frowning: I need to find a company that can give me a working permit to sponsor my Visa.

Can anyone tell me how i can find a job related to Marketing or Management? or maybe suggest some companies. I don’t care if it’s a big company or not. I just want to have some work here related to my field.

Thanks mga kabayan :slight_smile:

Kiko

hi :slight_smile: pinay here :slight_smile:

just got the admission results of NCCU, and i made it in their international MA program. I just dont know though if ill get accepted in the taiwan scholarship being offered by teco. i hope i can get in and experience life in taipei :slight_smile: