Any HRC Members?

Just wondering if there are any other HRC (Human Rights Campaign) members here in Taiwan.

If so, would you all be interested in meeting up to discuss issues, etc… PM me.

Mods, I know this is related to human rights and, therefore, ostensibly should go in the Human Rights forum. But, I put it here, 'cause I wanted it to reach the widest possible group of Forumosans. Some posters may not go int the Human Rights forum very often. Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers.

On that basis, all people who want their posts read by the greatest amount of people should post in the Open FOrum, whether they’re selling a microwave, looking for a language exchange or talking about Jackie Chan’s latest movie. Sorry, but I’m moving this to the appropriate forum.

You know Maoman, mods dumping posts into “backwaters” is one of the main reasons I do not bother posting anything of importance here anymore. Quietmountain is right, there is no reason to move this (or almost any) post elsewhere. What do you get a server space discount for unread areas like the twenty million different law catagories or an equally unread area like human rights?

And yes I have heard the argument that the new owners want to keep things organized. And I realize who pays the piper calls the tune. But I disagree with the mods having the right to do as they see fit with posts-catagory matchups.

And yes, I too realize that it is the case that “Kennedy, I don’t give a fuck what you think about my website or my policies”.

But I thought I would waste an idle minute or two typing this.

sincerely from the backwaters of Segue,
Brian

[quote=“brianlkennedy”]You know Maoman, mods dumping posts into “backwaters” is one of the main reasons I do not bother posting anything of importance here anymore. Quietmountain is right, there is no reason to move this (or almost any) post elsewhere. What do you get a server space discount for unread areas like the twenty million different law catagories or an equally unread area like human rights?

And yes I have heard the argument that the new owners want to keep things organized. And I realize who pays the piper calls the tune. But I disagree with the mods having the right to do as they see fit with posts-catagory matchups.

And yes, I too realize that it is the case that “Kennedy, I don’t give a fuck what you think about my website or my policies”.

But I thought I would waste an idle minute or two typing this.

sincerely from the backwaters of Segue (Now Forumosa),
Brian[/quote]
Your opinions are gratefully received and noted. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Agreed. In fact, why bother having categories at all? Things would be so much simpler if we just had a single forum. :unamused:

I support Maoman’s determination. As we know, he is the Administrator, and he makes the rules. When we Moderators disagree with the rules or have other comments, we discuss those with Maoman privately, and generally in person. At the end of such discussions, everyone usually sees eye to eye . . . . . . if they can still stand up . . . . .

P.S. to Maoman: Thanks for your treat at Carnegies last time.