Any other Forumosans in a Taiwanese quarantine hotel?

I had the same experience this morning as I start my 15 day quarantine (I shouldn’t have arrived so early in the morning!). So much bleach….so much standing next to a whole bunch of “high risk people” for no reason.

I’ve only had two meals delivered so far, but both were much better than I anticipated. I was able to request no seafood at all for my son and me, and so far that has been followed (unlike places who try and explain that the fish they’re giving me came from a river and is therefore not “seafood”).

To make some room I put the mattress for one bed on the other and leaned the frame up against the wall, so my son and I have a little room for exercise and the Oculus that I bought primarily for this occasion.

4 Likes

Is anyone currently in government quarantine facilities ? I am travelling next month from the UK, a high risk country. Not sure what to take and what to expect… Would be grateful for any info.

Is there anything online to be filled in before the journey to Taiwan ?

Thanks.

2 Likes

If by government quarantine facilities, you mean quarantine hotels, then I believe…OP?

I believe there are two different options:

1. The (cheaper?) government quarantine facilities, which are required for those who have come from whatever countries are currently on the high-Delta-risk list - with stay at least partially subsidized by the government.
  2. The different quarantine hotels, where you’re going to have more choice over where you stay, and perhaps nicer facilities. And you’ll pay more, I believe. If I’m reading it right, the OP is in one of these. Here’s one website with a list of those.
1 Like

I have heard that there are two types of quarantine accommodations:

If you come from the countries with the high risk of Covid /Delta/Brazil (Gamma variant), India, the UK, Peru, Israel, Indonesia, Bangladesh, and, newly added to the list, Myanmar (Delta variant). you do not pay for the quarantine hotel.

If you arrive from any other countries, you need to book and pay in advance for the hotel.
Has anything changed in this matter ?

Correct. You do have to book ahead of time for proof of quarantine arrangements. You don’t have a choice of location with the government facilities. I’ve seen some photos that look fine so I’m sure it will be okay.

Your airline will show the the travel requirements and one of these should be the link for the Quarantine System for Entry form 入境檢疫系統(航機版)Quarantine System for Entry (Aircraft version) - 衛生福利部 online complete with your phone number so you can get an SMS when you get off the plane. Clicking the SMS link will then complete this form. Save the screenshot as you’ll need to keep showing it to others in the airport. If you don’t have a Taiwan sim card, you can get a sim card right when you get off the plane.

You’ll also need your RT-PCR test results within 72 hours of boarding.

2 Likes

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not bad.

6 Likes

Looks like airplane food…

One step up… At least they call me right after it is delivered.
The best part was the salad. I ordered some salad stuff from Carrefour which is supposed to arrived tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m most curious about whether or not you can have friends drop care packages for you. That’s a major lifeline.

2 Likes

I think it depends on the hotel. I’ve booked a hotel for early September and they allow deliveries from Friends or family or Uber eats,etc …but said its a 50 NT charge each time.

3 Likes

I did order from pchome and the hotel delivered with dinner.
I bet they will allow it.

1 Like

My partner recently stayed in one of the government hotels for people coming from high risk countries, and she was quite impressed with the quality of food she got. Deliveries were allowed from places like 7-eleven. I’ll be following in the next month hopefully. I’m sure everyone will be fine, two weeks of that is nothing.

4 Likes

It is now officially airplane food. Last night, I received some lukewarm soggy chicken and waffles.
They did let me receive a package from Carrefour. I bought some fresh vegetable for salads and soup although the hotel called to be sure I really wanted the vegetables. This morning’s hotel breakfast was gross (cold spaghetti, vegetable and and an egg fried into oblivion) so I made a vegetable miso soup in a noodle pot. Best thing I’ve eaten so far.

5 Likes

I sure liked the look of that salad (with proper cutlery!) you posted.

I hope you enjoy your Sunday!

Guy

1 Like

Thanks! It’s too bad we can’t select our meals. They have an option to have a la carte but it’s 1000nt more.
They do ask if you have any food allergies. I should have said that I’m allergic to greasy sugary lukewarm food. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That a la carte surcharge is harsh! I guess they are trying to cut food waste? At minimum they should give you some kind of choice.

Guy

2 Likes

My hotel allows it. We had a few packages waiting for us when we arrived, and will get another delivery tomorrow. They’ve also been good with UberEats, getting it to us pretty quickly after it arrives.

2 Likes

That’s good news. I don’t usually eat large 3 meals which is probably why I’m not liking the food. I usually eat a salad for one meal. I also love to cook which makes me a picky customer. Last night’s chicken and waffles was so bad, I had the urge to go teach them how to cook it which would land me in a bit of trouble especially now. Having the fresh vegetables sent in from Carrefour is a blessing.

3 Likes

I wonder if, by the time I return from the US, the US will be so riddled by Delta that I’ll be able to stay in a quarantine hotel for free.

1 Like