Any parents willing to message about Bethany or Dominican international?

We’re looking at sending our oldest to Bethany (which is moving to Linkou) or Dominican in Taipei as he approaches middle school, and are interested in talking to a current or recent parent (or someone who has taught/worked there) at either school.

With Bethany, we’re wondering about how complicated it will be to get a kid to/from Linkou, or for us to get out there with activities, especially since we don’t have a car.

For Dominican, I am just curious if there is room for parents to be involved and some flexibility on things like extracurriculars or courses. I’m also just curious about student body and how welcoming it is.

Grateful for any responses! You can write here or message me.

1 Like

This is just from the rumor mill and my personal experience. I knew 3 people who went to Dominican school and they had “strange” accents. Not a typical English speaking country accent nor is it like a chinglish accent. I was later told that’s because many of the teachers there are Indians. And they pick up a strange accent.

Can vouch for that. My friends from Dominican all have Indian/ taiwanese accents and complain about it all the time. For all I know though the teacher could be more than great

I think it’s an order of Filipino nuns that runs Dominican, so that could explain the English accent. I have a (white US) friend who grew up in the Philippines and has a Filipino accent. Not a problem for us, but helpful to know…