Any recommendations on an accountant for Taiwan business?

I am currently paying 2.5k a month for my accountant. I really wish I could do this work myself and save that money. Is there a way to look up this type of information on how to file my own business taxes or to look for another accountant that doesn’t charge me extra fees monthly.

Accountants cost money. You’re not paying a bad price, but that’s why I do my own GST filings.

Here is my CPA, you can ask him but you can certainly do the GST filings on your own if you want.

1 Like

2.5k a month is pretty cheap. My first Taiwan accountant charged 16000 every two months for bookkeeping and VAT filings, with 2 extra months for end of year filings. I switched to a different one who now charges only 8000 every 2 months with 1 extra for end of year filings. Although I could do it myself, I’m happy with this price since I don’t have to worry about accounting and they provide tax advice.

Would this be a good guy to go to for someone who needs to file taxes here and in the US? I want to find a local accountant, show them my draft US return (my only income but I owe taxes on it here I believe), have them file for me in TW, then I tell my US accountant how much I paid here so he can file my final US return

I’d ask him because I am not familiar with US taxation. I dont file in Canada or Italy.

I’m in the same boat as you but want to go the opposite way. Currently paying 4k a month for my accountant, but due to the language barrier, I’m not able to get into the weeds with them on tax-saving measures or diversifying assets.

I’m looking for a decent company accountant that has excellent command of the English language, much better than my command of the Chinese one!

Which accountant are you with now? How is their English? Are you able to have in-depth conversations with them about tax saving measures and so forth?

The firm I’m with doesn’t speak English, but they told me about tax saving measures and I can pass those tips along.

The firm recommended by @Marco in another thread speaks English well. They charge about the same rates. They are a larger firm. http://www.crowe.tw

1 Like

I’m also curious how to report/ file my own bi-monthly business taxes. I know it’s possible and that plenty of Taiwanese do this - but is there any information in English about it?

Maybe you can use a regular Taiwan accountant for a year and then copy what they do. There are some deadlines you need to be aware of like end of year reports, updating the company registry every year, which come with fines if you miss them

There is simpany.co for automating companies online (I am not sure if they accept foreigners)

I do my own GST. It’s a pain in the ass, but I can do it.