Any runners in the house? ("Shin splints" in Chinese)

Anyone know how to say “shin splints” in Mandarin?
A coworker of mine said I could say “niu3 gu2 tou5” (“twisting the bone”…yeesh!) but there’s gotta be a more exact medical term for this sort of sports-related injury.
(And yes, mine have been killing me)

“Shin splints” is 脛骨疼痛 or 脛骨骨膜炎, but I’m sure doctors in Taiwan would be able to understand if you tell them “shin splints” as all the medical terms taught in med school are in English.