Any TES Parents out there that we can chat to?

Hi,
We are planning to enrol our kids at TES and were just interested in asking some parents about the school. The brochure looks lovely and the website, too but it’s always a good idea getting an insider’s perspective.
Thanks so much!

Yeah… what happened at this meeting?
Who’s right, who’s wrong? What the heck is going on there?

However, last night [CEO] Gatley refused to detail the precise reasons why the two administrators were let go, angering parents who expressed outrage that they were not told of the firing before it happened.
As parents lobbed questions at Gatley, it became apparent that he was not going to answer.
When questioned about the legality of the firings, Gatley had difficulty answering questions about labor laws and the school’s constitution.

I saw that too. Very weird and not inspiring confidence that sending your kid to this school is the right choice.

I had a tour of the place and it had the feel of a British state school as opposed to a fee paying independent school. Lots of box ticking and everyone came across as a bit dull and just going through the motions. I believe the teachers are on a lower package than the TAS guys, so perhaps that has something to do with it. Or maybe I just caught them on a bad day.

We did an interview too but won’t apply immediately. I was curious about the news story and talked to a family that seemed to welcome the sacking of the two members but also was just generally frustrated with the culture of the school.

longer 3-webpage article.

However, according to a statement Gatley sent to the Taipei Times on Friday, the board of directors is “consulting [with] the community and hopes to restructure the board soon,” although it was not immediately clear who in the community they are consulting.
When reached for comment on Saturday, the TES Parent Community, which is made up of the 1,100 families with children enrolled in TES, told the Taipei Times that the board had not yet addressed how they would handle parents’ specific concerns, adding that they had not heard anything from school officials.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2018/02/26/2003688293/1

From FB:

Le Lycée français de Taipei organise une journée portes ouvertes le samedi 3 mars de 10h à 14h. Notre équipe vous accueilleront pour répondre à vos questions et vous faire visiter l’école. Ce sera également l’occasion de rencontrer le chef d’établissement. N’hésitez pas à partager auprès de vos amis intéressés !

Do you know anyone who is thinking of enrolling their child in the French Section for the school year 2018-2019?
Why not tell them to come along to our Open Day on Saturday the 3rd of March from 10am to 2pm? They will have the opportunity to take a school tour, meet our head of school, members of our teaching team and parent association. It’s a chance not to missed! Spread the word.

Note for potential parents: we currently have a limited number of places for French and non-French speakers in our PS to CP classes (ages 3-7). From CE1 up (8-18 years) we have places left for French-speakers only - so if you are thinking of applying do so soon.

We want to know what happened too? Anybody can help?