Anybody with young kids (before HS) who want to start band?

My son (11 years old) is getting decent on the drums. After talking with two adult drummers, it seems their skills really picked up after they joined a band. Also, I think it would be very cool for my son to be involved in a band at such a young age.

Is there anybody here with young kids who might be interested in starting a band? I’m thinking a rock band. A keyboard player, guitarist, bassist, and singers are needed. I imagine if we get all the musicians minus one (for example, a bassist), an adult could fill in and it would still be considered a kids rock band.

Please pm me if your child might be interested. Feel free to discuss here if you have any thoughts on how such a band could be formed.

My kids started taking music lessons one on one. The youngest in school band for brass instrument.
The eldest as guitarist picked up rhythm licks on a Fender Stratocaster very quickly from local 台客 guitar teacher.
Not ready for rock band yet, but curious, as are you located in a big city?
On separate note, anyone here done guitar lessons on Zoom or over video chat? Do-able or not?

Taipei area. They could practice separately then get together every once in a while for practice and for some performances. Please ask the oldest if he or she is interested.

I’ll pm you with a link to him playing.

Cool idea. There’s a huge strike in Hollywood going on now, maybe Jack Black could fly over here to help out!!
School of rock jack black joan cusack GIF on GIFER - by ...

1 Like