Anyone gone to the beach N. of taipei?

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“Matts9791”]It’s really sad that not many beaches are nice in Taiwan. Most people might think that
Kending is a decent one. However, I saw a news on TV saying the bacteria of Kending
beach have gone over the standard value. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo~[/quote]

Happens after every typhoon. The EPA does tests every two weeks. Check them out if concerned.

As for beaches, I’m from Canada so they all look great to me as long as they are clean (which is sadly not to be counted on).

It’s interesting how people’s ideas of a good beach vary. AWOL thought Daxi was very good in the old days but I never liked it much. Dark brown sand, lousy for swiming, looked like something you’d go to if the better beach was full. I thought Baishawan on the other hand was a very attractive beach. And yet, AWOL’s recent visit he found the sand brown (???), and litter everywhere. Weird.[/quote]

Daxi is a black sand beach and back a few years ago was not the typhoon obliterated mess it is today. I had lovely barrels to myself and could swim and bosy surf all day. Not its all eroded and over run and trashed out.

BaiShaWan - “white sand beach”, was, last weekend, ‘brown sand beach’ and full of trash… kids were just up and leaving at the closing time of 530 and leaving behind mounds of trash. We asked the life guards who cleans up and he said ‘nobody’

But as I have said before I am from Australia so my idea of a good beach is a little higher than others perhaps?

We spent the afternoon at Fulong, and although it was a bit windy we had a great time.

FYI, the sands have shifted around again and there is a large sandbar blocking the river mouth sending the river water down to the south end of the beach. It makes quite a current at times by the harbor wall next to the temple, and the river water has a bit of a smell to it. I’d recommend staying north of the river mouth until the next Typhoon breaks down the sandbar…You can see what I mean here.

This is the only pic I can find of mine of Baishawan. It’s a cloudy day and near sunset but the sand looks white/greyish to me. Would you not consider it white or is it a different color now (typhoon washout perhaps??)?

[quote=“MJB”]We spent the afternoon at Fulong, and although it was a bit windy we had a great time.

FYI, the sands have shifted around again and there is a large sandbar blocking the river mouth sending the river water down to the south end of the beach. It makes quite a current at times by the harbor wall next to the temple, and the river water has a bit of a smell to it. I’d recommend staying north of the river mouth until the next Typhoon breaks down the sandbar…You can see what I mean here.

[/quote]

I was reading that the EPA recommends people not swim at beaches a few days after a typhoon as so much crap gets washed into the sea from the land.

Fulong:

BaiShaWan:

I was wondering why MJB had so many dogs till I realized it was Stray posting. Is that you in the black bikini?

maybe it was all the dog shit that made the beach brown the day we were there?

but seriously… the sand wasnt white when we were there. this is in the first area straight down from the car park not the part nestled up against the rocks.

either way, the drive there from muzha sucks so fulong and that area will remain our weekend beach trip of choice. damn typhoons…

Awol, the area up by the rocks in SDs photos is the one that I mentioned earlier. Not nearly as crowded as the main stretch by the entrance to the park and usually a lot cleaner.

CK

There’s also a long stretch of beach behind the rocks that is always quiet.

I like BaiShaWan. :sunglasses:

i know you clean up your dogs poop but do others clean up their dogs? one thing i love about queensland = no animals on beach. first time i went to a beach outside of queensland i stood in dog shit…

We usually bury it, but I’m thinking now I should take a bag …

Bury it?whoah… at the beach, in the sand? No way! High tide we undo all that… bag it and take it away from the beach… doesnt belong there.