Anyone have USD they want to exchange?

Hiya! Heading to the States for a bit. Anyone have USD they want to exchange? It would be good timing for me. Haha. :grinning:

1 Like

Indeed, exchanging USD before going to the States is good timing.

4 Likes

I have some I can exchange with you, send me a pm

Anyone else? I got some but could use some more.

It’s probably a lot easier to go to a bank at this point. The time you’ll spend tracking down people with a few 20’s or 100’s here and there is significantly greater than the overall fees you’ll be hit with exchanging at a bank…

Edit to add: but do that here, not in the US. I know a few people who moved back to the States and tried exchanging their few remaining NT$1000 notes and the fees the US banks tried to charge for the exchange made the money essentially worthless.

4 Likes

I thought Taiwan Bank did it for free anyways.

Changing currency is never free.

1 Like

I’ve known people that have US bills the banks won’t accept here. In case anyone is stuck with dirty or creased US bills let me know. Banks will only exchange crisp as fuck bills.

Most if not all banks do, even at their ATMs sometimes. Randos on the Internet probably not your best bet.

They don’t accept green US bills. Like hundreds need to be the blue ones or the TW banks won’t take them. I’m not sure what condition they need to be in. No one in the US walks around with hundred dollar bills anyway, so the likelihood of you having a damaged blue hundred seems low. Green hundreds, on the other hand, Taiwan banks will assume you counterfeited them, so be aware of that if you plan on bringing them to TW to exchange.

1 Like

how much US are you looking to buy?

@acedubs