Anyone know this semi-naked Westerner?

Photo:
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/0WHngoahFJDGQAMUllxlKw--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/https://media.zenfs.com/zh-TW/mirrormedia.mg/abec9f47b7d0460356e7290781fa6b57

Article in Mandarin:

English google translation:

A foreign man walked in the streets of Xinyi District without fear of the coolness of the outdoor temperature of 18 degrees at noon. Although he had no exposed birds, he was naked in broad daylight, which also caused passers-by.

Witnesses pointed out that the street temperature in Taipei was still slightly cold at noon, but the foreign man with a flat head was wearing a mask and stripped naked and walking west from Section 5 of Xinyi Road where the World Trade Center is located, I do not know what the intention is. The foreign man covered his lower body with his hands, which was regarded as keeping the last bottom line, so that the birds would not be exposed, and he would avoid the legal control such as blatant obscenity.

Although his strange behavior along the way caught the attention of pedestrians on the road, no one seemed to dissuade him, but still made passersby who saw him naked feel “should wash his eyes.”

I heard from someone that this was the Canadian who ended his life last week by jumping off of a building in Taipei.
No idea if that made the likes of Apple Daily.

1 Like

What if someone does?

2 Likes

He lost a bet with me.

Edit: sorry for the joke, I didn’t read the part where he took his life

1 Like

I’ve heard these kinds of things usually have some kind of malicious actors behind it, my guess is he was stripped and forced to walk along that street, or something of that nature.

2 Likes

It’s good he had a mask on.

5 Likes

Wow, I didn’t hear about this. Tragic.

We definitely need better mental health services here.

2 Likes

I was going to post a joke until I read to the end of cake’s post.

3 Likes

Why is he “semi-naked”? Because he’s wearing a useless paper surgical mask?

Guy

1 Like
5 Likes

Mental health is a serious issue. Unspoken about here however.

3 Likes

Says he was visiting a friend for a few days. Must be more to the story.

Looks round to me? some say the world is flat but heads!

Without getting into the sad details of the story, I knew it would be a guy.
Had it been a girl, there would have been a different headline.

A friend’s friend knew him. He just told me he’d been here for a couple of months.

Anymore on what happened here? Somebody must have known the guy. Such a strange one.

The Chinese in the article is “平頭” (píngtóu), which means “short hair,” “crew cut,” or something like that.

I just heard that when the friend’s friend met him a week before this, he hadn’t shown any signs of depression. However he had schizophrenia.
He could speak several other languages: French, Chinese, Spanish, and Russian.

3 Likes

people usually can’t tell when someone is going through a depressive episode

5 Likes

:laughing: :cowboy_hat_face:
I usually love it when threads start with these lines. Except when it is a tragic outcome…

Hey, I actually knew him. Can I talk to you on private message?