Anyone notice food shortages?

Probably not. The vendors cut to sell, or just cut and sell fast. if anyhinf i would probbly worry more about bacteria and sprays if anything. Cant speak for 711 style fruit that sits for days, but consumers shopping at 711 arent there for health food anyway.

Often times an acid spray is applied to avoid browning of certain fruits, but this isnt necessarily all bad. You can spray lemon juice on apple slices to keep them from browning as fast. It is common in almost all dried fruits, check the ingredients what they use. Some use slightly less nice stuff. If one buys fruit that has a year long expiry date you should know what youre getting into haha.

From facebook:

1 Like

In USA, Taco shortage

Sure hope people wont be forced to eat healthy and local for too much longer!

1 Like

Can you buy tostadas shells here? Now that taco bell was mentioned lol.

I’m surprised the store still have veggies today

In Demolition Man, the only restaurant that exists is Taco Bell.

Easy to make. I bet if you called any of the mexican restaraunts they can easily whip some up for take away or mail order…they are doing everything that way anyway. The cool thing is most latin food eateries in taiwan can speak English!

1 Like

I swear when I order on Uber eats here they never have the item. :frowning: Hopefully I can run to the store after work ugh

see, that’s where you step in and grab two off him and say FU old man.

you just don’t understand Taiwanese culture, although he was probably Chinese.

Yes. Wife went looking for nuts to feed the daughter’s squirrel and they have very few offers of nuts. Last time I went looking for bacon I had to go to 3 stores and the last store had very little to choose from.

You pay taiwanese prices for nuts to feed squirells?!?

May i suggest you go to any of the many bird feed stores. They sell dirt cheap. Not human grade, but for squirrels fine as you dont need to pay their health insurance. They always have all the grains, sunflower, peanut etc.

3 Likes

especially when one is out of one’s fav whisky, maybe a shot of whisbee can help? ?

yeah i dont mind a regular hard taco now and then from the taco bell, most everything else sucks

Gotta admit. I like hard tacos far more than the authentic mexican stuff. Guilty pleasure, but soft shell sucks.

I always assume taco fast food here doesnt exist due to the beef issue. Kfc, mos, mcdonalds are all terrible compared to taco bell.

1 Like

My daughter’s squirrel. Found him as a baby so young his eyes were still sealed. He’s about big enough to be on his own. The problem is, each time we go to the garden he won’t stay. He’ll climb on us and we must take him to his huge cage on our front balcony. Like it or not - he’s a keeper

9 Likes

was at a hotel in ktown (used to go there weekly, nice place) and there was a cute taiwanese girl who had her pet squirrel with her. The thing travels with her.
very tame .

1 Like

Our boy is really really adorable. He is so happy on the balcony just hanging out in his cage. I’m happy with him but the wife says he’s got to go. I don’t know what to do about it

no dont let him go, he will likely die. you should just keep him.

1 Like

He’s come a long way. This is the day the dog found him in the garden. I waited for the mom to return but the kats come around so often I knew he’d be a goner. Foolishly, I brought him in the house where he’s become a fixture.

3 Likes

yeah for sure. cant let domesticated animals go, they mostly die.

even tigers and lions who are domesticated cant live in the wild, even killer whales. Basically few animals who grew up with humans can make it in the wild again.

sorry to say most squirrels only live 5 to 6 years so its not going to be like a parrot who can outlive you.

1 Like

Taco Bell. When I first visited Taiwan this was the only thing I hated about the place. Replicas of a taco bell taco or taco bell grande would make someone a fortune selling here.