Anyone used Hawaiian Airlines from Taipei to NY/JFK? Why are fares so cheap?

Anybody here ever used Hawaiian Airlines to fly from Taipei to New York/JFK, via Honolulu?

Is their service any good? I was looking at their fares from TPE to JFK and sometimes they
have ridiculously-low fares, compared to other airline options. Having to make a connecting
stop in Honolulu is a bonus, at least for me… :slight_smile:

I couldn’t get a seat. Maybe you’ll have better luck.

What’s included? The seat only? Pay for everything else extra? Any other hidden charges?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hawaiian Airlines are stopping service in early April.

focustaiwan.tw/news/aeco/201403060006.aspx

[quote=“cfimages”]Hawaiian Airlines are stopping service in early April.

focustaiwan.tw/news/aeco/201403060006.aspx[/quote]

holy cow, that’s sad news…

Cheapest option is Philippine Airlines. The catch? Stopover at Manila Airport…

2 Likes

Too bad it didnt work. Generally Taiwan to Hawaii is not a winning route. Ci and EVA often cancel theirs too.

I guess basically going by way of Hawaii adds hours to the flight time for people heading to mainland USA. So unless you plan a stop-over there, its not worth it.

Who was it that tried San Jose to TPE ? Didn’t work either.

Maybe it can work with the 787 though as the economics may be different.

1 Like

[quote=“tommy525”]Too bad it didnt work. Generally Taiwan to Hawaii is not a winning route. Ci and EVA often cancel theirs too.

I guess basically going by way of Hawaii adds hours to the flight time for people heading to mainland USA. So unless you plan a stop-over there, its not worth it.

Maybe it can work with the 787 though as the economics may be different.[/quote]

Not sure about SJC to TPE but I know SJC to NRT then NRT to TPE is a popular route.

1 Like

[quote=“mrjake”][quote=“tommy525”]Too bad it didnt work. Generally Taiwan to Hawaii is not a winning route. Ci and EVA often cancel theirs too.

Maybe it can work with the 787 though as the economics may be different.[/quote]

Not sure about SJC to TPE but I know SJC to NRT then NRT to TPE is a popular route.[/quote]

have been on ANA’s SJC-NRT flight 3 times. loved it, but only because the flights were all less than 50% full.

1 Like

Which airline flies to SJO San Jose from Taiwan?

You’ll have to charter a flight for that route. Alternatively, you can fly from SFO to TPE.

Apparently private jet rentals through the roof in Taiwan. The rich are renting jets to get them and friends to the US and get vaccinated

SFO Air Port is quite far from SJO ( Juan Santamaría International Airport-San Jose), I did a search Houston would be best transfer point.

ahh: I saw near SFO is a City called also San Jose with a small airport.

2 Likes

I forgot who offered San Jose calif to Taipei but it was very short lived