Anything fun/interesting on the new Ankeng LRT line?

I know some foreigners that own property there.

If you like cats.

penguins?

Do they serve cats there?

:crying_cat_face:

Guy

The line is now formally running, with no fares charged until March 12.

Guy

3 Likes

If you go to Sunshine park right now, there are lots of cherry trees in blossom. Take a basket and have a picnic.

3 Likes

Which stop is that?

I’d consider going—but not on a weekend when they’ve just announced free rides! :upside_down_face:

Guy

1 Like

it is called Sunshine park station k7

4 Likes

This shows how much of a newbie I am at this. Thank you.

Guy

2 Likes

Great spot for sunset on the small hill overlooking the park when the bridge lights come on.

2 Likes

Lots of good food in the area according to the mayor. I don’t think the mayor has been to ankeng before.

What are the operating hours? The same as the mrt? I know the free rides are from ten to six.

4 Likes

Its in Xinbei. It has been there for many years already and a popular spot.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes if you don’t like cats, there are probably better choices available

The mayor barely leaves his bubble.

1 Like

They have closed the walkway between the light rail and the yellow line. Too many people apparently.

5 Likes

It’s free. I live in Tamsui and I didn’t even try to ride the light train until the free period was over.

8 Likes

Taiwanese will literally do anything if its free

5 Likes

Should have started charging. People still would have tried it out. Going to Xindien was fine. The line to go back towards ankang was crazy a couple of hours ago. Hopefully it has died down a bit now.

I went on it on day two of it being open and someone had already put a mat on the rail as a makeshift chair.

7 Likes