Anywhere to practice women's gymnastics in New Taipei / Yilan?

Bit of a shot in the dark here, but I’m looking for a short term gym for my daughter. She normally does about 15-20 hours a week of gymnastics practice in the US and she’s going back for a month this summer to see the in-laws. She’s gutted about missing out on her gym time. Ideal would be a place with floor, beam, uneven bars and vault facilities that she could practice on with a coach, or at least a spotter. Better than nothing would be somewhere she could exercise and at least do basic training. She’ll be mostly in zhong he and I-lan. Anybody have a brilliant suggestion? I’d appreciate it!

1 Like

Many summers ago, we signed up our eldest in a children’s summer camp at NTNU (on He-Ping Road) that did basic gymnastics stuff. The teachers were all PE students.
Another summer, we sighed the eldest up at NTPU, Tien-mu campus (up by baseball stadium) for some sports activities. Same thing. Teachers all PE students.
What does this have to do with your daughter, who’s obviously better than summer camps?
I would get onto NTNU website or other university websites and try to directly contact their PE/sports departments to ask. With the missus and my knowledge of Taiwan’s sporting world, I have no other idea on where to look for higher-level gymnastic training.
It’s probably there somewhere, just need to dig or others to chime in.

1 Like

Ask Larisa. She is a professional gymnastics from Ukraine and hosting a top-notched training program in Taoyuan. Their team recently won a gold medal in Turkey.

Larisa’s facebook page
The program is called Rising Star.

I am not familiar with the scene of gymnastics, just passing on some info that might be useful to you.

4 Likes

thats rythmic gymnastics, not artistic gymnastics.

Thanks to everybody who has chimed in so far.
We are looking for artistic gymnastics, although the rhythmic gymnasts would have a suitable place for training and that would be a start, at least for the floor exercises.
I hadn’t thought about NTPU, they merged with TMUE and created the university of Taipei where I used to teach and I still know people. I will definitely reach out to them and see if anything is available.
This has been helpful, feel free to add any other bright ideas!

really? that makes gymnastics like a mental exercise. shouldn’t be that way, it’s already hard enough.

im sorry, i dont understand your comment. Larrisa is training a different discipline of sports than what OP is looking for, thats what i was pointing to

1 Like