Apostille document

Anyone know if I can, and where, get a document in apostilled in TW? Quick google search seems to be something about Taiwan not being a member of The Hague convention, so I wonder could it be that this cannot be done in tw?

If I cannot do it in taiwan, how do people in taiwan usually get their documents apostilled ?

The document in question needs to be both notarised and apostilled

Most countries in Asia are not part of that convention. Procedure I would follow:
(1) Do you really really really need an apostille? (Edit: ask the Taiwan rep office in that country)
(2) If 100% yes: https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-208-458-e8b39-2.html

1 Like

In Canada, we don’t do Apostilles either, I would just get a lawyer to 3D stamp it. Try that perhaps?

What you really need is to legalize Taiwanese document.

Ask embassy of your country in Taiwan for a list of approved notaries. Usually in the local district court.
Bring the notarized document to embassy to get it legalized. Now it can be legally used in your home country.

e.g. for Germany

So, the document is not to be used in my home country, hence my home country cannot legalise it.

It is also not a Taiwanese document.

Also, the country in which it is to be used doesn’t have a embassy here. The closest is in Shanghai.

And lastly, I was specifically asked for it to be notarised and apostilled.

Anyway, I might have to go to HK to get this done.

You should have mentioned it is for China. The way I described works for most countries. Like @ma3xiu1 said Taiwan is not a member of the Hague Apostille. So you can not do it specifically that way.
For China there are other ways, but I don’t know about that.
Just get the apostille from the country the document is from.

It’s not for China, nor did I say it’s for China.

Anyway, thanks

bump

I am also asked a document with apostille, so looks like (according to the replies on this thread) that it is not possible in Taiwan. No big deal then I guess, will still give the embassy of Kaohsiung a call to see what they say.

@morran01 since the start of this thread, did you manage to get your document apostilled? Guess not?

You need to do it in hk

If you want the details, revert and I’ll write more detailed how and where

It’s not expensive, but you need to fly hk(no need to stay overnight)

Never mind then, it’s not that important that I would fly to HK to do it. Thanks for your quick reply.

Well I’m quite curious. Care to elaborate?