Apple Computers in Yilan?

I live in Yilan, and I’m eager to get a copy of the new Mac OS X “Snow Leopard” when it’s released on the 28th. Does anyone know where I can buy a copy in Yilan? Failing that, if I have to take the bus to Taipei, is there a place close to the Taipei City Hall (maybe in the Taipei 101 shopping mall)?

Thanks!

Dennie

I don’t live in Taipei, so I can’t tell you where to get it, but I’m sure there’s a bunch of places that will have it…but what I can tell you is that if you use your computer for work, I would wait on the OSX SL upgrade for a month or so after release. Don’t worry about most software, but do worry about printer drivers, Adobe products and any specialty products requiring drivers or special software.

Cheers

Apple’s Taiwan site has a map that presumably indicates where all the retailers are:
http://www.apple.com/tw/buy/resellers.html
It doesn’t look good for Ilan.

There’s also a list of retailers here:
http://www.apple.com/tw/buy/
I don’t know what Ilan’s area code is - that’d be the easy way to see if anything is useful there.

As for City Hall area: I don’t think there are any Apple retailers in 101 itself, but there is one in… New York New York? As you’re walking along the Mitsukoshi (Xinguangsanyue/ 新光三越) “Sky walk”, when you’re crossing to the Vieshow Cinema building, you can look down and to the right and you’ll see an Apple shop.

Fnac, in the basement of one of those Mitsukoshi buildings (A9?), also sells Apple products.

BUT don’t assume Snow Leopard will show up here on the same day. It may take a week or more. You’ll definitely want to call ahead.

There’s an Apple reseller in New York, New York, (next to the “Warner Village” cinema complex), or you can just order it online from the Apple Store.

I wouldn’t bother rushing out to get a copy, I’ve been using 10A432 for a couple of weeks and there’s nothing in it that will make you think it was worth making a trip to Taipei, if you’ve bee happily using 10.5 until now.