Apple Predictions

So there’s a rumor that Apple will be unveiling at least one new product in October.

I predict that one will be Apple Car. And the other one Apple AR/VR.

Maybe a phone?

1 Like

I will predict will be something that will lock you more into their ecosystem and not interface or play well with all the other systems out there.

7 Likes

Maybe the Apple Card 2.0 only allows you to buy Apple products

I predict there will be a bunch of further unnecessary modifications to Itunes.

I predict that like they removed the headphone jack to make it difficult for people to listen to their own itunes music, Apple will remove the screen to make it difficult for people to access their own data.

4 Likes

I’ve been predicting that they would come out with a TV (not Apple TV+ but an actual TV) for years but perhaps we are far past the period when they actually released new products.

1 Like

Tim Cook axed the entire Apple Car RnD team 2-3 yrs ago

1 Like

Someone might want to let Tim Cook know that his company is still filing and winning patents for autonomous driving and vehicle technology. Dozens so far in 2019 alone.

But I don’t think you will see an apple car, that’s ready for actual public use for another 7 years (or never). Apple has had many bumps in the road and did downsize earlier this year.

jobs_glass_staircase_patent

Apple files patents for anything they can think of even very unrelated stuff. For example a glass staircase. I think going after Patent infringement lawsuits is built into their revenue

1 Like

Sure patent hording is nothing new. Buying up companies just for the patents is a normal Monday for these tech companies.

My point is only that Apple is literally working on autonomous vehicle technology that they plan to use in cars. And they have been testing them (using Lexus) on actual streets. (we all know they will not build a car from scratch).

According to Mac9to5 and DMV records (from either July or August 2019) they still have 69 vehicles registered and 143 drivers. The number of drivers increased from a DMV records from April 2019.

Apple with a 100 billion in cash can kill and revive projects, who knows. There is no apple car coming this year obviously.

If Apple builds a self driving car it will only operate on Apple designated roads.

3 Likes

FTFY
If Apple builds a self driving car it will only operate on Apple *designed glass staircases. :grin:

1 Like

It will also cost Twice as much as a Tesla with fewer functions but will come in white and rose gold so people will shit themselves, sell kidneys, sell their first born and camp in line a month to get it. Some will opt for the rare Red Version which cost 20% more to show the world they’re better people as 10% proceeds are donated to stopping aids or ebola or whatever.

3 Likes

Time to buy apple stocks? Rumor is trump is closer to a trade deal with China which will be good for apple profits.

So this is what’s new…

https://youtu.be/IC9urbiVp4M

Hey the new iOS 13.2 top new item is… new emojis.

As someone who uses both iOS and Android, I mostly see Apple updates adding software capabilities that Android already has and many times had for a long time.

And I see Apple adding capabilities that locks you more into their system.

How’s the Deep Fusion camera feature? Any good?