Apple Vision Pro

Imagine Taiwanese driving around wearing these…

2 Likes

:joy: :rofl:

1 Like

It’s for people who want multiple large monitors connected to their laptops on their desk, but don’t actually want to own a bunch of heavy and space-consuming physical monitors.

I actually have this need, but I don’t want to spend $3,500. I’ll wait until the non-“pro” model comes out.

3 Likes

If you wanted to you could spend 5000 dollars on that apple monitor and 1000 on the stand. You’d spend a million dollars on apple products

I don’t want a big heavy monitor on my desk, especially since I often work when I travel. VR goggles are lightweight, compact, and can produce more virtual screen space than a real monitor can.

1 Like

Same, and while the “Knuckles” controllers were almost good enough as a HID I found them tiring after awhile and there aren’t any (good/seamless) passthrough keyboard visibility options yet. But this looks promising, will have to see if I can get my hands on a demo unit sometime. :sunglasses:

The tech reviewers are all raving about how accurate the eye and finger tracking is, that it almost feels like magic. This is still a Gen 0 product, so some stuff like weight and battery life should significantly improve by the next generation. And there would be a lot of companies making visionOS apps as well.

2 Likes

Keen to try it out when a demo can be requested. Curious how it feels to use it.

You have to pair it with this for the full experience

The ‘Applers’ will.

Yeah but they like anything with the logo because they’re purchasing a brand/status

Except actual status items like say a Rolex watch lasts a long time and can be passed down, try doing that with any apple products or an apple watch. You would be happy if your apple watch lasted 5 years.

3pbfwasi1f4b1

I literally don’t know a single person who purchases Apple products for the brand or status. Everyone I know who uses Apple products buys them because they are superior products.

1 Like

I’m getting this if I like it after I demo it. I recently snagged the domain pilotedrobots.com and want to start building some remotely operated prototypes built around a vr headset.

You can buy other vr headset that does the same thing for much less. If it costs 5 times as much as an occulus 2 it better be 5 times the headset.

It does look way way better, remember the Zuckerberg avatar lol.

Honestly, if I’m going to make a company piloting robots with VR gear I think price is a big concern. It’s being able to supply your entire company with VR gear vs. being only able to afford one because it’s so damned expensive.

Didn’t Google Glass do this first… and fail like a decade ago? How will this time be any different?

No, you can’t. This is a full-on computer that can replace your laptop, and contains the same CPU as the one found in current MacBooks. It also contains a separate dedicated chip just for the VR rendering.

Other VR headsets on the market today are only for gaming and limited media consumption, and those are just the cheap ones. The more expensive ones even require being tethered to a computer.

3 Likes