Apple Vision Pro

Launch is in 2024 in the USA for 3.499 US-Dollar

1 Like

It’s more than most of their computers. They really trollin us to see how far they can go

Garbage product.

Have you tried it…? :thinking:

$3499 US, it better clean my house too.

Garbage product. It’s Apple. Low quality components, anti-repair practises, high prices, shiny.

It’s garbage.

4 Likes

Seeing people sitting in their home with this on their head should remind us all why it’s important to get up and go out every day and live life to our fullest.

8 Likes

On the other hand VR p*** :banana:

3 Likes

It apparently can’t make misaligned teeth look straight.

No worries. When wearing it, it uses a digital persona when face timing others. No one has to see the real face ever again.

Your digital Persona allows others to see you while you’re wearing Vision Pro. It’s a dynamic, natural representation of your face and hand movements while you’re using FaceTime.

If it can improve my prön experience I’m in.

2 Likes

At least it’ll prevent you getting distracted by the other people on the MRT.

3 Likes

Well, okay, there’s the value for dollar question, which will differ for everyone. I was hoping you’d somehow laid hands on one and were speaking from personal experience.
I see 4k per eye and supposedly unlimited FOV combined with natural hand tracking and immersive AR and it starts to look a lot more interesting from a business perspective. I’ve tried every headset out there and thus far all of them fall short of being usable for real work. But we’ll see… :man_shrugging:

it looks like outstanding kit. the problem is that ar is still a solution looking for a problem in the consumer space.

1 Like

Apple will probably get a fight over the design patent.

‘Goggles with rounded edges’!

Yeah, that seems in line with the preliminary reviews I’m seeing. The tech looks impressive. But … what’s it for?

1 Like

Wasn’t it not too long ago they were selling a computer monitor for some ridiculous price, like 5000 dollars or something?

I wouldn’t say low quality components, but definitely anti repair practices and all that.

Edit: Not even a computer monitor, a stand for a computer monitor:

$999, and no, that’s not a typo.

1 Like

I didn’t understand the target. It seems really slow do to stuff moving the hands or the eyes in a giant space. From mouse and keyboard to ipad is painfully slow, I’m not sure about the input speed in this yet. Let’s see if people like it.

I feel the biggest flaw is that the battery lasts only 2 hours. Also since the price is so high, even if I had the money to buy it, I would be paranoid about falling and breaking the goggles or them getting stolen when going outside. So, basically you are forced to use it mostly at home.

1 Like

2 Likes

Instead of trying to substitute reality with a fake one, have you tried simply turning off the VR headset, sitting down with your children, and hitting them?

1 Like